LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a pic of wat im talking bout just wondering if i can just get this piece or if i need a whole new column

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
I GOT A FEW LAYING AROUND INCASE :ugh: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went to the junkyard and found one the other day off a camaro too just wonder how to get it off cuz the fuckin steering whell wouldnt come off found out i need a lock plate remover but after the wheels off how do i take it off do i have to brake the other cars wiper and tilt handles ??????

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
once you take the steering wheel off you can undo the turn signal cam and other things inside the column so the levers will come out and that sleeve will slide off. They make metal covers for those so your shit wont get jacked.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@Dec 8 2008, 08:47 PM~12373078
once you take the steering wheel off you can undo the turn signal cam and other things inside the column so the levers will come out and that sleeve will slide off.  They make metal covers for those so your shit wont get jacked.
Yeah, you can get a column lock to put over that piece and block the ignition from being peeled. It's not full proof but it will take that much longer to steal the car.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got a link or store that i can get one from i got a steering column lock thing that i wrap around but ive been wantin a metal sleeve for my column for a long time

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
damn homie you just got that car

·
Registered
16,520 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com has parts for various years and i believe it has dat cover piece for the steering column, metal too i believe...might wanna check it out...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Dec 8 2008, 08:59 PM~12373954
that looks fucken retarded
might look fucking retarded but when i come down the parking lot at night my car is still there :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by NOKTs80@Dec 8 2008, 09:34 PM~12374397
www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com has parts for various years and i believe it has dat cover piece for the steering column, metal too i believe...might wanna check it out...
:cool:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
best bet is ima get it from a junkyard found out how to take it off from a repair manuel and plus dixie want 70 buckts for that lil piece that ill stick in my toolbox and walk out of pick a part i never did like dixie they always charge like 50 bucks more than msrp

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Dec 8 2008, 08:53 PM~12373859
damn homie you just got that car
i bought the car like that they just broke that piece they didnt steal it guy came out just in time

·
Registered
286 Posts
i would sway hole steering colume for one of the yruck years that used metal housings to get rid of the plastic ones as the plastic waps and is easer o steal car

1 - 20 of 39 Posts