LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1968 impala, 4-door, i wanted to know if ne1 knows how 2 take out the back seat!!!! need it out to put in my white leather cadillac seats!!!! ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Originally posted by lowlife68impala@Aug 18 2003, 12:52 AM
i have a 1968 impala, 4-door, i wanted to know if ne1 knows how 2 take out the back seat!!!! need it out to put in my white leather cadillac seats!!!! ;)
hows that gonna work? :dunno:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
you can make anything fit. problem is, well it look good? why not use the original seats and have somone do a cadillac pattern?

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Aug 18 2003, 02:48 PM
you can make anything fit. problem is, well it look good? why not use the original seats and have somone do a cadillac pattern?
finding a seat to look good is hard.. i went thru 5 difrrent seats before i found the right one for my 68.. but now im chunkin it.. and tring my hand and buildin some..
joost's topics.. are a great "how to"

·
Registered
58 Posts
I happend across a junk yard just this last weekend that had some realy realy realy clean black leather caddy seats. I took em after a few measurements were made. They are goin in my car. They look beautiful in there, just needs slight floor modifications ot make it work = ) except I'm not drivin an impalla. Caddy seats just rock (and have all the badass digital controls)

·
Registered
407 Posts
To pull the back seat out is easy. Just push the bottom cushion in at the floor pan area and then pull. There should be two metal brackets that hold the bottom cushion in. After that is out, you should see two bolts holding the top of the seat. Unbolt those out, then lift the seat from the bottom.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
I find the easiest way to get seats out is to drive accross the Canada US border in a 80's Cadillac and they will pull you aside and show you how many parts of your car come out. ;) :0

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by 1980seville@Nov 25 2003, 08:31 PM
I find the easiest way to get seats out is to drive accross the Canada US border in a 80's Cadillac and they will pull you aside and show you how many parts of your car come out. ;) :0
:roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts