LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to tell if it IS a marzocchi pumphead and what size of gear it got??

I was told that real marzocchis don´t have the name stamped on it at all, true or false?
Can I tell without knowing what gear it is by looking at the numbers on the top or the side? If not, what they say?

On top: IBC1167F98G
side: 11/00 IS 5 AS P167

Someone!

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
since i think this thread is gonna get alot of hits, i want to ask a quistion that never got awnsered........
does the rockford head look like a marzocchi head?= inlet on bottom and in back?

when i looked up rockford, it showed me that, and i thought it was maybe a mistake- i dunno, i went from fenner to marz. so i have no idea about rockfords

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota+Nov 4 2003, 04:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydrota @ Nov 4 2003, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--roadrunner@Nov 4 2003, 04:59 PM
That´s what it should be... but how could you tell?
the 5as in the number means its a #7 head.[/b][/quote]
yeah

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate da help :biggrin: , that means a #9 gear is stamped 7AS? Anyone heard about the real deal with the stamp, or stamp not thing, to tell if it´s a real marzocchi pumphead?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by roadrunner@Nov 4 2003, 04:32 PM
Appreciate da help :biggrin: , that means a #9 gear is stamped 7AS? Anyone heard about the real deal with the stamp, or stamp not thing, to tell if it´s a real marzocchi pumphead?
almost every marz pump head I've seen gots the little square stamp on back I know HILOW came out with there own for a while

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
My marzoochi's are stamped August 1998 (8 98). The front of the head that draws in fluid from the tank has the arrow and marzoochi name on it in the middle. Those are some old ass gears now I guess, 5 years. I bought them in 10-98 :cool:

they are # 7's also :biggrin:

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 4 2003, 10:33 PM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I am supposed to have the older Marzo's in my CCe comp pumps but they didnt have a "M' stamp on them like they said there would be... I should have the older ones with the good metals & they are supposed to NOT warp when heated up like the new ones......I can look up a number too ---- Here it is: on the front of he pump head it says --1BC1167F98G & on the side it reads: 7/00 , 1S5AS/P167A ......... What is this pumphead size ?? its not a #9 !!!!!!!!!!!!-- Cool Cars Flat out lied to me & then I have a problem with that cause i spent alot of $$$ for these 3 pumps ....I dont care if i bought these pumps a couple years ago -- I want some $$$$$ Back.......!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Nov 5 2003, 04:16 AM

·
Registered
70 Posts
IS5A

THE # 5 REPRESENTS 5 LITRES PER MINUTE AT XXX AMOUNT OF RPM
DOSE ANY ONE NO THE RPMs?????????

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i beleive its 1,800 rpm,

correct me if I'm wrong,

but I'm more than sure that they test or set up gears at that RPM,

Rule of Thumb is if you have a 2 gallon per minute pump that means
you will need a 2 hp motor. Just to let anyone know thasts how they evaluate things... Well thats in Industrail Hydraulics which I deal with all day....

Last edited by Volv_lo at Nov 6 2003, 03:28 PM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts