LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this weekend I m going to finish install all my set up is going to be 2 pumps,4 dumps,ten switches and four batteries. What I dont understand is that theres two wires for the front pump and two wires for the rear pump. My question is that if I can wire the two wires for the front pump together to the selenoids will this effect anything. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
dude u need to check out the tech section lil wires every where it was like second nature to me to wire the switches 12 of em to b exact good luck :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't understand how you see you see two wires to the front pump. You have 2 pumps and 4 dumps. This should be a total of 7 wires.

1 wire to the solendoids that operate your front pump.
1 wire to each dump on your front pump
1 wire to the solenoids that operate your back pump.
1 wire to each dump on your back pump
1 24 volt wire

The other wire on your dumps are grounds. These wires can be tied together for one ground.

Hope this helps.

later
TC

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See I got nine wires coming out of my switchbox

1 to the front pump
2 for the two dumps for the front
1 to the rear pump
2 to the two dumps for the rear
1 hot 24 volts

Ok I got you there about the seven wires but I got two wires left so that equels 9 wires. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Why wouldn't you be able to? Just curious.

If you get two more pumps, it will be a little work because you will have to re-plumb your pumps and get more solenoids.

Oh but it will be well worth it in the end.

by no means am I telling you what to do. I remember when I had two pumps and I said "this is all I want". Now my car is overkill.

Just my .02

Later
TC

·
Registered
962 Posts
u got to have the right switches 6 prong, for side to side 12 for see saw and pancake..

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
get some diagrams from the prohopper.com or layitlow.com website, and try to understand them, not copy, but understanding! If you do, you can easily make your own custom diagram, and decide what the switches do and in what order they are ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Joost....@Nov 21 2003, 01:50 PM
get some diagrams from the prohopper.com or layitlow.com website, and try to understand them, not copy, but understanding! If you do, you can easily make your own custom diagram, and decide what the switches do and in what order they are ;)
Hey thanks man ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts