LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know how all u guys do it, i mean i will sit there and literally wash the shit out of the spokes by pressing a soap and watter filled sponge up against the spokes to get to the hub and that shit will still look shitty after I'm done cleaning em. Then i see sum others peoples hubs and they look fukin brand new while my shit looks like shit. Is there a trick that u guys do to get this shit clean or is it just me, pleas ehelp me out cuz i see it starting to rust a lil bit :( thankx for all the input

Ricky

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JokerManN808@Nov 17 2003, 04:49 PM
pressure washer at the car wash
i did this the other day but i used degreaser on em instead of soap and then used the pressure washer to wash it all off and it still looked like it had water stains or sumthin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95+Nov 17 2003, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gangstaburban95 @ Nov 17 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JokerManN808@Nov 17 2003, 04:49 PM
i did this the other day but i used degreaser on em instead of soap and then used the pressure washer to wash it all off and it still looked like it had water stains or sumthin.[/b][/quote]
Go to your nearest Pep-Boys and get yourself some spinning Hubs.
just fucking with you.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by Chamber53+Nov 17 2003, 03:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chamber53 @ Nov 17 2003, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 05:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JokerManN808
@Nov 17 2003, 04:49 PM

i did this the other day but i used degreaser on em instead of soap and then used the pressure washer to wash it all off and it still looked like it had water stains or sumthin.
Go to your nearest Pep-Boys and get yourself some spinning Hubs.
just fucking with you.[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Try and find some British Wire Wheel cleaner, follow those instructions to the letter, and that shit is GOOD :thumbsup:

Last edited by Top_Dog_Calistyle at Nov 22 2003, 07:50 AM

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
what about for aluminum wire hubcaps?

whats the best spray to use then pressure wash

i would say...
just remove the hubs then put them in a hot soap bath and hand clean them in the house with soap and a scrub brush.

Last edited by Torx at Nov 23 2003, 03:04 PM

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i soak mine in bleach white...as wierd as it sounds it works pretty good

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i use simple green

it doubles as a water softener, so it doesnt leave water marks as bad either

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95@Nov 17 2003, 05:48 PM
i wanted to know how all u guys do it, i mean i will sit there and literally wash the shit out of the spokes by pressing a soap and watter filled sponge up against the spokes to get to the hub and that shit will still look shitty after I'm done cleaning em. Then i see sum others peoples hubs and they look fukin brand new while my shit looks like shit. Is there a trick that u guys do to get this shit clean or is it just me, pleas ehelp me out cuz i see it starting to rust a lil bit :( thankx for all the input

Ricky
7 words: Maguire's Hot Rims Cool Care rim cleaner

;)

works all the time, everytime :cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
all you have to do is scrub them with a long brissle scrub brush, and they'll look like new, and you'll be set, I found this out just by dickin around tryn ta see what works the best

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Nov 24 2003, 07:03 PM
all you have to do is scrub them with a long brissle scrub brush, and they'll look like new, and you'll be set, I found this out just by dickin around tryn ta see what works the best
sounds like aplan imma go try it out :cheesy: ;)

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by blacktowncar+Nov 23 2003, 10:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blacktowncar @ Nov 23 2003, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gangstaburban95@Nov 17 2003, 05:48 PM
i wanted to know how all u guys do it, i mean i will sit there and literally wash the shit out of the spokes by pressing a soap and watter filled sponge up against the spokes to get to the hub and that shit will still look shitty after I'm done cleaning em. Then i see sum others peoples hubs and they look fukin brand new while my shit looks like shit. Is there a trick that u guys do to get this shit clean or is it just me, pleas ehelp me out cuz i see it starting to rust a lil bit :(  thankx for all the input

Ricky

;)

works all the time, everytime :cool:[/b][/quote]
would it work for lets say a set of center golds???? :0 :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95+Nov 24 2003, 09:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gangstaburban95 @ Nov 24 2003, 09:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 10:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--gangstaburban95
@Nov 17 2003, 05:48 PM
i wanted to know how all u guys do it, i mean i will sit there and literally wash the shit out of the spokes by pressing a soap and watter filled sponge up against the spokes to get to the hub and that shit will still look shitty after I'm done cleaning em. Then i see sum others peoples hubs and they look fukin brand new while my shit looks like shit. Is there a trick that u guys do to get this shit clean or is it just me, pleas ehelp me out cuz i see it starting to rust a lil bit :(  thankx for all the input

Ricky

;)

works all the time, everytime :cool:
would it work for lets say a set of center golds???? :0 :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
yea i use a baby bottle brush works good they flexible gest all up in the spokes and shit! the water stains is from the kinda water used it will always leave that unless you use something to soften the water!

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Nov 23 2003, 03:03 PM
what about for aluminum wire hubcaps?

whats the best spray to use then pressure wash

i would say...
just remove the hubs then put them in a hot soap bath and hand clean them in the house with soap and a scrub brush.
This may sound weird, but try your dishwasher, mine works good on stock Caddy caps ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts