LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
take them apart (spokes and all), sand them down with sandpaper or sandblast them, prime them and then paint them. Then relace them and then go for a ride!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wen u take spokes off...if i just look at it would i be able to figure out how to take them off? and what grit sand paper?

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by East Siderr@Sep 13 2005, 12:20 PM~3806023
wen u take spokes off...if i just look at it would i be able to figure out how to take them off? and what grit sand paper?
120 grit sandpaper

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by East Siderr@Sep 13 2005, 03:20 PM~3806023
The spokes are very easy to remove once the tire and tube are off. just unscrew the nipples and then that's it. I wouldn't use a paper that is too couse or else you'll scratch the shit outa the rim. But you may need start with an 80 or 120 it depends how rusty they are. Once the rust is all gone go over it with a 220 to make it a little smoother before the primer goes on. The primer should take care of any little scratches so they won't show up in the finish paint job. If you don't know how to take a rim apart I suggest once they are painted take them to a bike shop to have them relaced. It's not very expensize but worth it. good luck

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PLZ PLZ PLZ MAN HELP ME OUT WITH THE JB WELD IM SO FRUSTRATED I USED THE WHOLE TUBE ON ONE SIDE OF THE TANK PLZ GIMMIE TIPS ON HOW TO DO IT!!!!

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
sorry to mess ur topic east siderr
but noe did u primer ur frame before u put the flat black???

oh yea puro puro puro west side (ice cube)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts