LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
For model cars I just use regular scrap electrical wire and then bend it into the shape I want then paint it. It will not glow or light up. but that's what I do for neon signs like this one.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 21 2003, 11:53 AM
For model cars I just use regular scrap electrical wire and then bend it into the shape I want then paint it. It will not glow or light up. but that's what I do for neon signs like this one.
hey where did you get that camper at on the bed??
i want 1 for 1:24 scale diecast madle ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I scratch built it out of a sheet of plastic. First I did the measurements then I cut the plastic sheet then I slowly bent the sides using the heat from a candle flame.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 22 2003, 05:07 AM
What if I want them to actually light up?
i dunno how us get it to light up like that dude with ther neons on the back of the cae but if u want under carrage glow get small LED's ya find at an electronic shop , and connect them up under the car , glue em onto the car and run wires off to a power source , like a battery , i tryed this under a chrysler 300c , i had about 10 LEDS to get a good glow so i ran them straight to a 12 vlot power pack , ohh and on the positive side of the LEDS ya need a resistor so ya dont blow em up as they r 1.5 volt lights

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Nov 21 2003, 12:51 PM

And Nacho I think they are reissuing the Caprice soon
where and when did you hear that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts