LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight, I've seen it done many ways, and when it comes time to lay some paint on my car i just want some ideas on how to go about it. I see some guys do the jambs, inner doors, under hoods and trunks first, then shoot the body second. I also notice some guys take the doors off and a paint them separate, some install them back on after the jambs are done and shoot em' when the shoot the rest of the body, is it just personal preference?

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
how ever your comfortable, i only remove doors if they pay me too or its my own whip. the trunk and hood ill remove to do the jambs but doors i just pop em open and mask everything off and spray them on unless someone's paying me alot of money to do something custom

but ya its really up to how long you got to finish it, and how in depth you want to get, best way to do it in my opinion is to remove everything possible, less things on the car less chances of paint trying to peal up around any edges from not being prepped right!

dont worry my truck will be comin into the shop early march ill show pics, im tearing it apart lhaha :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Feb 11 2010, 01:00 AM~16579287
how ever your comfortable, i only remove doors if they pay me too or its my own whip. the trunk and hood ill remove to do the jambs but doors i just pop em open and mask everything off and spray them on unless someone's paying me alot of money to do something custom

but ya its really up to how long you got to finish it, and how in depth you want to get, best way to do it in my opinion is to remove everything possible, less things on the car less chances of paint trying to peal up around any edges from not being prepped right!

dont worry my truck will be comin into the shop early march ill show pics, im tearing it apart lhaha  :cool:
aight cool, yeah can't wait to see it, I like to see process pics during the painting paint, not enough people emphasize or go in detail on what and how they do. I'm using Kustom shops epoxy primer and Kustom shops Polyester Primer. I'm having to thin my poly prime which is defeating the purpose of its high building properties. the biggest tip I have is 1.8....I've seen some cheap guns on ebay but the biggest tip is 2.0...any help with where I can find a gun with a bigger tip? what kinds of primers do you use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts