LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the best guns out there......ive used them and i love em..........BUT....i cant afford an ANEST IWATA or a SATA.............so i bought the next best thing (or so im told)

The DeVILBISS GTi Millennium HVLP Gravity Feed

how do the Painters here on Layitlow feel about this gun..........yay :thumbsup: or nay :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was expensive....but not too much.........an i been savin up on the side for a good gun

any body got anything to say about it??

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
When I was training, I was given a used Iwata lph400 and 2 used GTImilleniums. I use the devilbiss's every day, I barely use the Iwata once a week, call me crazy.

The gti's open all the way don't spit as much material as the Iwata, and they're picky to get a consistent spray pattern, mine have been mistreated a bit, but I have lots of extra caps and tips to play with - I often have troubles with the spray pattern giving more material on both ends of the fan than in the middle, whereas the Iwata's perfectly even all the time.

Great guns though IMO, nice big fan, trigger feels super good, good quality.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I wouldn't kandy a whole vehicle with mine though, like I said they fuck with me a bit.

I'll hit a peice of paper on the wall before I start spraying, and the fan will be perfectly even, then halfway through the job it'll start tiger striping, hit the wall again and it will either be lopsided or heavy at the ends, then it will fix itself out of the blue. sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it'll fix itself if I turn the aircap 180, but both of mine do it, I've tried 1.3s,1.4s and 1.5s, and different aircaps, close the fan a lil, can't figure it out they just have a mind of their own.

never caused me big problems, it just pisses me off. But I've never kandied anything big, and I wouldn't want to with my finicky GTIs, other than that I love em.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
A pretty good gun overall. I do like them. But when i used the older ones they seamed a bit tricky to spray clear with compared to a sata. So be careful.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats some good advice......i always spray on the paper or plastic i masked the car wit first....but ill make sure to clean it good and be careful.......best gun i have ever had since im only 18, so i will have some fun wit it everyday at work :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Originally posted by sixtyfourchevy@Sep 2 2006, 07:36 PM~6093781
I wouldn't kandy a whole vehicle with mine though,  like I said they fuck with me a bit.

I'll hit a peice of paper on the wall before I start spraying, and the fan will be perfectly even, then halfway through the job it'll start tiger striping, hit the wall again and it will either be lopsided or heavy at the ends, then it will fix itself out of the blue. sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it'll fix itself if I turn the aircap 180, but both of mine do it, I've tried 1.3s,1.4s and 1.5s, and different aircaps, close the fan a lil, can't figure it out they just have a mind of their own.

never caused me big problems, it just pisses me off. But I've never kandied anything big, and I wouldn't want to with my finicky GTIs, other than that I love em.
same shit happend to me. i sprayed a truck with a devilbiss, started out good then the gun started to spray out more material on the ends then the midle. i striped the shit out it, had to come back and finish the job with my buddies iwata. that iwata is a bad ass gun.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cant afford an IWata :( ......shit i barly had enough for the GTi

·
Registered
35 Posts
devill bis are a great gun but they are very very needy you have to make sure you have the same air pressure all they time or as been stated with the right set up they are good but with out mucking round with the set up but more air pressure come through the air line it will change the spray pattern as a spraypainter i have a regulator on the wall then one on my airfed hood and a gauge on my gun so i can see where the air pressure is at all the time and never had a problem when sprayin at home and you air compressor runs low then kikcs back in with higher pressure you are goin to have problems

it funny because the lph400 iwata are cheaper than the gti's down in australia but if you could afford it go with a sata but out of the iwata and the gti's i would choose the gti's everytime..

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by EastBayRyda925@Sep 2 2006, 03:59 AM~6090482
I know about the best guns out there......ive used them and i love em..........BUT....i cant afford an ANEST IWATA or a SATA.............so i bought the next best thing (or so im told)

how do the Painters here on Layitlow feel about this gun..........yay :thumbsup: or nay :thumbsdown:
i heard that you just have to run a good regulator...seems like you know whats to look for and abe, that iwata is the shit.... ;)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
mine came with a nice regulator, it says to run 20-30 at the line for a gti millenium and 30-40 for a plus, but I keep it at around 20. Pain rep came in and put on the measuring cap, and 10psi at the cap is ~20 at the line.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks like i got a pretty decent gun......as soon as it comes in, i will see how good it realy is :scrutinize:

·
Registered
372 Posts
i would have gotten the plus gun or a used iwata or sata just my opinion or you prolly could have gotten a new sata or iwata off ebay for what you prolly gave for that

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy here ..... What up all!

While I can't comment on the GTI .... never used one.

What struck me was some of the posts on developing funky spray patterns.
You need to watch out for the cheap azz gun mounted regulators.

I ran into problems using the cheap ones on my SATA's (KLC-B & NR2000) ....
They would blow out a little o-ring, which in turn would get stuck under the air distribution ring and cause intermittent spray pattern problems that would somehow clear up on its own.
Drove me crazy, until I realized what was going on.

Now I only use Motor-Guard regs.

There are many other factors that can cause spray pattern problems (mostly just a dirty gun) .... but that little o-ring caused me much grief until I happened to see it hiding under the distribution ring.

Keep your guns clean, check ALL air passage ways and use quality regulators.

Peace!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Originally posted by EastBayRyda925@Sep 2 2006, 03:59 AM~6090482

i got one and i only use it for hi build primer and sprays fine and it is consistent

·
Registered
101 Posts
The DeVilbiss Plus gun is a very good gun I use it for
clear it has a very good pattern and lays down that clear very well.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by EastBayRyda925@Sep 4 2006, 02:38 AM~6099299
looks like i got a pretty decent gun......as soon as it comes in, i will see how good it realy is :scrutinize:
it is definately a good overall gun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE A SOLID QUALITY AND CONSISTANT SPRAY GUN...WHATS IMPORTANT IS THE NEEDLE AND TIP SIZE FPR YOUR APPLICATION..ARE YOU USING IT FOR BASE OR FOR CLEAR AND IF SO WHAT PRODUCT BCUZ OF THE SOLIDS AND WEIGHT FACTOR

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Originally posted by EastBayRyda925@Sep 2 2006, 12:59 AM~6090482

That's my main spraygun, and I absolutely love it. If for some reason it broke, I'd buy another exactly like it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts