LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
same way you took it out, but in reverse??? lol na i dont think it should be that hard, not sure i broke my headliner peice in myne when i took it out so i havent put one back in yet haha

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
When we re-did mine, I just had another friend help me. Tight fit through the drivers side, so anyhow, we just fit it inside, them as one was holding it up, I was screwing it in. Mine was in, then he did his side. Nothing hard. :dunno: ;)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
taking it out and putting it in is the hardest part when you get it all loose put the two seats all the way back and recline them all the way open up all the back drivers side door or drivers door if its a two door and take it out through the passengers side door....reupholstering it is insanely simple..take off all the old headliner and scrub the headliner down with a charcoal grill brush to remove all the old foam...try to get all the dust off for a better stick for the glue too...go get some 3m high strength 90 spray adhesive this is also contact glue so you must spray both the headliner and material then touch the two together to stick it..start from the middle of the headliner and align your material so its completely covered...next take a yard stick or long piece of cardboard "i prefer cardboard because its wider and makes it alot easier" put the yardstick or cardboard across the headliner over top of the material and fold the material backwards...spray a thin strip of glue about 3''s or so on both the headliner and material, stick the very center and then tug outwards to the sides sticking it down as you go..repeat this method only in bigger pieces and pulling slightly more forward because you must stretch the material you are pulling forward as well as to the sides...hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts