LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
you gotta use a sanding block with about some 1000-1500 grit "wet sand paper", work the block in one direction only. Usually i go horizontaly (front to back) along the car. Make sure to use plenty of water, NEVER sand on a dry surface, always have plenty water on it. Do short strokes with light pressure. You can check how smooth it is by squeging the water off, youll be able to see orange peel or if its completely smooth when its dry. Another thing that i became accustomed too is not sanding within about a half inch of all trunk, door, and trunk gaps. I do that cuz when you buff the car, the buffer can lift the paint or clear right off at those spots, leavin ugly ass chips.

Buffings a different story, you might wanna just have a shop do that part, cuz a buffer can burn right through paint and clear in less than a second, and fuck your day up real good. But the wetsanding is half what they chargin for. Hope i could help homie... keep ridin!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I have a guy up here that will do it for $100 flat........... He is a buff MACHINE!!!! Thats all he does here in my buddys shop -- i have him do all my buffing work...... I do one side of the car & he tackles the other ... but when it comes to my 64 --- He will be doing alll the buffing magic that he does................. He did that $45,000 Toyota Supra That i posted pic of ...... That thing is as smooth as GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!! His name is --- Bret The buffin man..... :0

·
Registered
855 Posts
Depends on the paint and what look you want?? How many coats of clear, so you want a show look or just to knock down some trash??

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nibbing, just sanding the dirt particlestill they are a lil flater.... Using 2000 and then buzzing it with 3000 works good!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 24 2003, 03:50 AM
** I have a guy up here that will do it for $100 flat........... He is a buff MACHINE!!!! Thats all he does here in my buddys shop -- i have him do all my buffing work...... I do one side of the car & he tackles the other ... but when it comes to my 64 --- He will be doing alll the buffing magic that he does................. He did that $45,000 Toyota Supra That i posted pic of ...... That thing is as smooth as GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!! His name is --- Bret The buffin man..... :0
how far up north are you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts