LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you sew the fabric to the foam or is there something else you hafta buy??

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
what type of material are you going to be using...where is this location for the graphic and in most cases the graphics are sewn in..
but depending on the location there are different options for you to take....sew foam for a seat and contour foam for a door for example

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im using foam on the headliner and i wanna do something there also the seats and the doors but im putting padding on the dorr panels to

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
with my headliner in my lincoln i used contour foam..its 1/4'' thick and very very easy to work with plus its cheap....i drew up my big $ sign on the foam and cut it out with an exacto knife and scissors...glued to the headliner board and then applied regular headliner material over it....really simple and it looks nice..contour foam is a closed cell foam and its kind of hard but it lays out designs really nice...ive put designs into seats before and my method was sewing in the design to the cover over some sew foam then i trimmed the sew foam from around the design and scraped the foam off next to the design so it was much more noticable and the sew foam still held in place...with those two materials you can do pretty much whatever you want....both are cheap and easy to come by

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 2 2004, 11:12 AM
with my headliner in my lincoln i used contour foam..its 1/4'' thick and very very easy to work with plus its cheap....i drew up my big $ sign on the foam and cut it out with an exacto knife and scissors...glued to the headliner board and then applied regular headliner material over it....really simple and it looks nice..contour foam is a closed cell foam and its kind of hard but it lays out designs really nice...ive put designs into seats before and my method was sewing in the design to the cover over some sew foam then i trimmed the sew foam from around the design and scraped the foam off next to the design so it was much more noticable and the sew foam still held in place...with those two materials you can do pretty much whatever you want....both are cheap and easy to come by
you just gave me and idea :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts