LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that certain switches have certain functions, but i read a few posts where some people have 4,6,8 ,10 switches and i'm wondering why so few.........can they still do all of the good stuff- front,back, side 2 side, rolling and stopping 3 wheelz on both sides, hops, and pancakes? and how do you "hit" the switches? i know i'm ignorant, but don't hate homeboy :cool: still trying to understand all this before i try and look stupid at the shop ;)
 

·
do it in a datsun!!
Joined
·
14,491 Posts
u can really do just as much with 6 switches as u could with 16, one for front,one for back and 1 for each corner, anything over 10 is basically b/s unless your are running a full out compition dancer, i have 14 switches in my impala and the most i ever use is front back and corners ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Originally posted by WicKeD-1@Nov 19 2003, 07:22 PM
i know that certain switches have certain functions, but i read a few posts where some people have 4,6,8 ,10 switches and i'm wondering why so few.........can they still do all of the good stuff- front,back, side 2 side, rolling and stopping 3 wheelz on both sides, hops, and  pancakes? and how do you "hit" the switches? i know i'm ignorant, but don't hate homeboy  :cool: still trying to understand all this before i try and look stupid at the shop ;)
I got ten switches..

1 front
2 back
3 left side
4 right side
5 pancake(all four)
6 left front
7 right front
8 left rear
9 right rear
10 seesaw(front to back..back to front)




Last edited by diggadan at Nov 19 2003, 07:44 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631@Nov 19 2003, 07:38 PM
u can really do just as much with 6 switches as u could with 16, one for front,one for back and 1 for each corner, anything over 10 is basically b/s unless your are running a full out compition dancer, i have 14 switches in my impala and the most i ever use is front back and corners ;)
yep.. I never use some of my switches
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, we getting somewhere.............so all you have to do is tap that certain switch to activate a certain funtion(3 wheel) instead of doing a series of combo's? i don't know why i always thought that's how it worked.....................i know when you hopping, you gotta time it and shit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
Yeah, You just TAP the switch up to raise it and HOLD the switch down to Dump it. It gets a little more complicated when hopping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,377 Posts
The funny part is when ppl ask you how many switches you have an automatically think ppl have weak setups cuz they have 4 switches, there like thats it??????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
49,003 Posts
are those switches that stay cocked to one side when you release them see-saw switches??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
no u cant use those switches for hydraulics u need switches that return to the middle cause if it stays u will leave ur dump open or if u hit it to go up u will burn out ur motor
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by HiLow@Nov 20 2003, 01:31 AM
The funny part is when ppl ask you how many switches you have an automatically think ppl have weak setups cuz they have 4 switches, there like thats it??????
YES I hate that shit :angry:

Too many people listenin to Dre and not knowing what the FUCK they're talking about.

When i stepped up from 2 pumps to 4 pumps, i just kept my 10swith box. Everyone's dumb ass would be like "only 10?" I'd be like yeah with 12 batteries and 4 pumps. They'd say "huh?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
i have 10 switches in my linc, and i'm about to cut that down to 4 in the dash. it looks good at shows and shit, but i just don't like the big ass box right in my way when i'm driving or having to worry about someone hitting one when they get in my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
I have to admit when I first got lifted it was all about how many switches you had. But now, I guess as I'm getting older, I'm realizing it's all just for show.

That's why I have two switch boxes. One with just one switch (that can do F/B/S/S and pancake). Then I have a big ass switch box for the shows. However my big box is fully functional.

It doesn't matter how many switches you have cuz if you don't know how to use them it doesn't matter anyway.

It's however many you want. I like to show off a little and that's why I have two boxes.

Just remember who are you building the car for? YOU!

Fuck the haters cause they're not paying your bills.

Didn't mean to start preaching.

Later
TC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by diggadan@Nov 19 2003, 07:40 PM

I got ten switches..

1 front
2 back
3 left side
4 right side
5 pancake(all four)
6 left front
7 right front
8 left rear
9 right rear
10 seesaw(front to back..back to front)
what kind of set up you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
You can do all that with a two pump setup.

In order to learn how to do a certain type of move (ie: three wheel) you would have to know what you are starting out with (ie: two pump or four pump setup).

Later
TC
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top