LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i walk into one of 2 customs shops in town.(up in winnipeg) and the owner tells me i only have 2 options for my 94 civic Si coupe...

i tell him i want 3/4 ups and 1/2 downs(he carrys SMC) ..its all good!
i tell him i want N2, NO COMPRESSORS bla bla bla ..its all good!
i tell him i want air cylinders and this was his response------>

AIR CYLINDERS SUCK, they break down every couple months unavoidably, they always need replacing, and goes on + on about how big of a pain in the ass they are.

he suggests i get some air bag struts and says there not great cuz there a crimped bag(not the best apparently) so they only have
100psi limit. PLUS there more expensive.

so its between gambling with CYLs or livin with 100psi
wat yall think? 100psi fast? cyls have a warrenty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
i have a 100 bucks on there are more to choose from when it comes to bags!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Rola@Dec 7 2003, 08:04 PM
i walk into one of 2 customs shops in town.(up in winnipeg) and the owner tells me i only have 2 options for my 94 civic Si coupe...

i tell him i want 3/4 ups and 1/2 downs(he carrys SMC) ..its all good!
i tell him i want N2, NO COMPRESSORS bla bla bla ..its all good!
i tell him i want air cylinders and this was his response------>

AIR CYLINDERS SUCK, they break down every couple months unavoidably, they always need replacing, and goes on + on about how big of a pain in the ass they are.

he suggests i get some air bag struts and says there not great cuz there a crimped bag(not the best apparently) so they only have
100psi limit. PLUS there more expensive.

so its between gambling with CYLs or livin with 100psi
wat yall think? 100psi fast? cyls have a warrenty?
all he said is true especially the cylinder part



DAMN!!! look like u want a fast hopping setup have u taugh about juice?

your gonna thank me

Well let me give u some advice their is a hydraulic section u know wheres it at well dude go to the hdyraulic forums and u'll get help on how to juice a civic......... forget bags and cylidner go right into the hydraulic section thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
juice seems intriguing.

mark, wat other options u c?
im lookin for bags wit up 2 atleast 200psi rating that will fin in my little si, such a bag even exist?



Last edited by Hi-Rola at Dec 7 2003, 08:55 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Rola@Dec 7 2003, 09:53 PM
juice seems intriguing.

mark, wat other options u c?
im lookin for bags wit up 2 atleast 200psi rating that will fin in my little si, such a bag even exist?
a bag won't even go in a civic, the wheel well is very small and very limited of space.......

either get hydros or just lower ur car that all i have to say


Have a nice day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i noe ur just here 2 hate but look at the down side

unnecessary cutting + welding
batts (4+) heavy and pain in the ass to charge
need manifold or 4 pumps ($$$$)
need acumulators for a good ride quality($$$)

NO JUICE 4 ME BRO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
100 psi should be fast enough on a civic, i bagged a 78 merc (6500lbs) that only ran at 95psi and it still moved pretty good with only 3/8 lines. u wont be able to hop it or nething but u could still do some clowning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
i had a neon and had strutbags but if i had it to do all over again id do cylinders cuz it goes lower. you dont need high psi bags cuz 100 psi will fill a bag. u just have to have big hoses and valves and that shit will hop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Originally posted by willjr@Dec 9 2003, 07:20 PM
i had a neon and had strutbags but if i had it to do all over again id do cylinders cuz it goes lower. you dont need high psi bags cuz 100 psi will fill a bag. u just have to have big hoses and valves and that shit will hop
did u use easystreet struts??

how much extra lift do you get past drivin ride hight??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
they do make high quality cylinders brislands are supposed to be bad ass. plus it will be way faster with the cyl's instead of the bags. with a 3/4" nitro setup on cylinders you can expect to pancake about a foot off the ground.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top