LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
if you have to ask.......you prob cant do it.... figure this , do you own a plasma cutter? a good 220 welder? can you do math well? do you know bodywork and how cars are assembled? can you fabricate braces, supports, new mounting points for the stricker and hinge pockets?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
depends on who does the work......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
jus remember cheap job is not good and a GOOD job is NOT CHEAP

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Dec 24 2008, 03:59 PM~12518594
if you have to ask.......you prob cant do it....  figure this , do you own a plasma cutter? a good 220 welder? can you do math well? do you know bodywork and how cars are assembled? can you fabricate braces, supports, new mounting points for the stricker and hinge pockets?
Come on man, if anyone on this sight thought that we would never do anything themselves.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Dec 25 2008, 11:30 AM~12523603
Come on man, if anyone on this sight thought that we would never do anything themselves.
SUICIDE DOORS............. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Dec 25 2008, 10:37 AM~12523638
SUICIDE DOORS............. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:
fuck it. i guess I am a little more advanced (or stupid) but i never let a project scare me. If I have an idea I run with it.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Dec 25 2008, 12:00 PM~12523742
fuck it. i guess I am a little more advanced (or stupid) but i never let a project scare me. If I have an idea I run with it.
Not about scaring ya. There is a lot of complexity to doing Suicide doors, not for a Novice. Welding is the easy thing, making usre you align it right, making sure it does not Sag or misaligned. Alot of extra things, not just about Justing and Welding.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Dec 25 2008, 03:13 PM~12524750
Not about scaring ya.  There is a lot of complexity to doing Suicide doors, not for a Novice.  Welding is the easy thing, making usre you align it right, making sure it does not Sag or misaligned.  Alot of extra things, not just about Justing and Welding.
the 'oh shit "link in your sig is a dead link....

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Dec 25 2008, 09:30 AM~12523603
not hardly, some people are up for a challenge, but some come here thinking its a bolt in installation. if homeboy only owns a cheap 5 dollar set o sockets and a hacksaw , do you really think he can do the work? not really. id hate to be like '' go for it '' and see dude pissed off because he ruined a car and no shop wants to finish it up because he started a hack job..... ;) someties you have to be real with people . if he had hafl ofa clue what to do he wouldnt be asking how hard it is. he would have researched the kit and saw how much goes into installing it....

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Dec 25 2008, 03:13 PM~12524750
Not about scaring ya.  There is a lot of complexity to doing Suicide doors, not for a Novice.  Welding is the easy thing, making usre you align it right, making sure it does not Sag or misaligned.  Alot of extra things, not just about Justing and Welding.
Wow too much egg nogg

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive done a few and its not hard but it needs to be done right if not looks like shit if your door only opens half way

1 - 20 of 21 Posts