LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read where someone wanted to hop higher on 48 volts, but didn't want to use more batteries. I feel the same.

I used to get 16" on 4 batts, I'm trying for 30"

I'd be willing to market my pumps if I can get an idea what people want.

Just a few questions:

1) What do you get now with four batteries?

2) What do you feel is a good height to get with four batteries?

3) How much would you spend for a pump that would get you want you want?

4) Anyone know what the piston pump from Black Magic Hydraulics gets with four batteries?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
dont hop on a stock frame...something is going to break...i dont know exactly how many inches my car gets because ive never measured and really tried to get up there...highest ive had it was about waist level

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of you are doing pretty good on low volts, good to see that. For those that don't do all that just yet, don't be shy about posting it here.

I can see how you might not want to let every one know how you do when you've read the above replies. I just want to see if the ones that don't get that high want to improve it some.

Or if you want, email me: [email protected] and let me know your answers.

I think I can make the pump for about $350.00 for approx 24" to 28" and about $450.00 for aprox 28-32" Hmm... seems pricey, might as well use two pumps for that price. But for those interested I think 28-32" is not too bad with 48 volts. Or about 14" on two batteries.

So before I spend a few $$ doing some R&R, I'd like to know if there is even a market to sell these.

And for those interested, I also got a plan for you to ride smooth with hopping coils and still hit hard without opening the trunk to adjust or close a valve.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
just dont ever hop on a stock frame! ;)
besides from that it will break and fuck the car up you allso loose inches...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Dec 13 2003, 03:47 AM
And for those interested, I also got a plan for you to ride smooth with hopping coils and still hit hard without opening the trunk to adjust or close a valve.
uh-oh. ride rockets....the second coming. :0 :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I hopped (not for comp just street) a 77 monte with no reinforce and got about 24 with 48 volts and 2.5 tons for about 2-3 years with no problems. luck maybe!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by unkuthz@Dec 13 2003, 08:51 AM
I hopped (not for comp just street) a 77 monte with no reinforce and got about 24 with 48 volts and 2.5 tons for about 2-3 years with no problems. luck maybe!
I can't help but think LRM changed to rules to allow more batteries as a crowd pleaser. It looks like a lot of cars are going to be limited to what they can do, if the rear end stays stock.

Who would not like to hop 30" with four batteries and still be able to carry a spare, some tools, extra oil and water in your trunk?

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Dec 13 2003, 12:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Dec 13 2003, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--unkuthz@Dec 13 2003, 08:51 AM
I can't help but think LRM changed to rules to allow more batteries as a crowd pleaser. It looks like a lot of cars are going to be limited to what they can do, if the rear end stays stock.

Who would not like to hop 30" with four batteries and still be able to carry a spare, some tools, extra oil and water in your trunk?[/b][/quote]
Because it is not going to happen, unless you use lead.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
All i want out of my v8 regal after reinforcements is about 15 to 18 and not any more. I think there should be a market for this type of thing, where the companies try to squeeze performance out of the lower scale because if you can do that, then you can certainly apply that to the more complex and radical setups of the competition crowd. We have single pump contests, but how about voltage classes like 36 and 48?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by firedup78@Dec 16 2003, 09:11 AM
All i want out of my v8 regal after reinforcements is about 15 to 18 and not any more. I think there should be a market for this type of thing, where the companies try to squeeze performance out of the lower scale because if you can do that, then you can certainly apply that to the more complex and radical setups of the competition crowd. We have single pump contests, but how about voltage classes like 36 and 48?
I LIKE IT!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Dec 16 2003, 10:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Dec 16 2003, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--firedup78@Dec 16 2003, 09:11 AM
I LIKE IT! [/b][/quote]
Hell yea bro, that's been a burning question in my mind for years, because sound contests have wattage classes in addition to db right? If you look at various forms of racing, you have a whole lot of different classes doing the most with the least, like drag racing. Those guys have no limit on their quest for speed, just regulations. Yea you can slap bumper with 20 million batteries and four pumps, but let's see how high we can get with 3 or 4 batts in about four years. It would only make the hydro companies brainstorm and do some extra homework on efficiency so they can make longer vehicles hop higher in the next few years1

Last edited by firedup78 at Dec 16 2003, 11:31 AM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts