LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a cutlass supreme with accumulators in the rear with coil under but I m going to remove the coils and add powerballs like that it can drop all the way down. But I wanted to know how the ride is going to be is it better with springs or with no springs. :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The springs won't serve much purpose with the accumulators in place. Accumulators basically act as "dampened springs" so it would be like having 2 springs in each corner. It won't hurt anything but it's definitely overkill.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 17 2004, 10:18 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Jan 17 2004, 09:29 PM
So basically is a lot better with no springs :cheesy:
true you can sell your springs to me if you want, i wanna juice a g-body also

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 17 2004, 10:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 17 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Jan 17 2004, 09:29 PM
true you can sell your springs to me if you want, i wanna juice a g-body also[/b][/quote]
My springs are 2 1/2 tons red coils with 3 turns when I take them off I will post a pic. :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Jan 17 2004, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't exactly say better, it's just unnecessary. But for one thing it's a lot easier to set-up without having to worry about a spring.

·
Registered
343 Posts
someone fill me in i'm just learning about tne g-body suspension, the front has a-arm correct, you must do a coilunder right, but if you have accumlators you MUST have springs right because if you take it out how are you gonna do up the suspension leave the deep cup hanging attached to the cylinder ram??????

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by lolo4life@Jan 18 2004, 09:56 AM
someone fill me in i'm just learning about tne g-body suspension, the front has a-arm correct, you must do a coilunder right, but if you have accumlators you MUST have springs right because if you take it out how are you gonna do up the suspension leave the deep cup hanging attached to the cylinder ram??????
I m only taking out the rear coils cause I got accumulators in the rear but the front is not that bad. But if you want to take out the springs in the front it can be done by doing it like a coilover set up and powerballs. you weld the powerball to a donat then to the a- arm then instead of a coil use a piece of pipe is confusing but it works hope this helps. :cheesy: ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Jan 18 2004, 02:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Jan 18 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lolo4life@Jan 18 2004, 09:56 AM
I m only taking out the rear coils cause I got accumulators in the rear but the front is not that bad. But if you want to take out the springs in the front it can be done by doing it like a coilover set up and powerballs. you weld the powerball to a donat then to the a- arm then instead of a coil use a piece of pipe is confusing but it works hope this helps. :cheesy: ;)[/b][/quote]
oh ok gotcha man

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 18 2004, 03:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 18 2004, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 18 2004, 02:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lolo4life
@Jan 18 2004, 09:56 AM

I m only taking out the rear coils cause I got accumulators in the rear but the front is not that bad. But if you want to take out the springs in the front it can be done by doing it like a coilover set up and powerballs. you weld the powerball to a donat then to the a- arm then instead of a coil use a piece of pipe is confusing but it works hope this helps. :cheesy: ;)
oh ok gotcha man[/b][/quote]
:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 18 2004, 01:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 18 2004, 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 18 2004, 02:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lolo4life
@Jan 18 2004, 09:56 AM

oh ok gotcha man[/b][/quote]
im doing this in the front of my blazer. i just thought the idea up myself and this is the first time hearing that from someone else. i guess i dont have to be worried about it as much then. what about the top where all the pressure rests on the frame. i was thinking a donut with the pipe welded to it. the pipe being like a sleeve that slides right over the cylinder and rests on the collar. sound safe and possible?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Originally posted by canadiandude@Apr 15 2004, 06:42 PM
i got an 85 blazer 2 pumps with accumulators and 4 coils. the rear is bouncing too much. i put 250 psi . should i put more or take some psi out in the accumulators?.
You got 4 ton coils :0 if you do then thats the problem ;)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
the only problem with no coils is if anything goes wrong in the rear...blown hose, fitting, cylinder starts leaking etc. etc then your gonna b on a mission cuz u will b dragging ass and wont have a way to drive!!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Will I be able to hop without springs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts