LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by mkvelidadon@Dec 2 2008, 11:23 PM~12320431
On a daily ride, I got 14" O.G.s. How long do they last or is t matter of how you take care of them?
I personally think it's a matter of luck. I've known hella people that baby their Chinas and fuckers still leak or rust yet on the other hand....I know a few who use and abuse them and fuckers are still going strong. :cool:

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
It also depends on the weather and where you live.......

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
ive never had a problem with chrome ones, i wash them alot, use steel wool on them too to keep them nice.
gold has to be more babied though, but my gold ones look great too

why wouldnt you take care of them? your car should be clean as fuck at all times

·
Major Factor
1,485 Posts
I had 13x7 used wd 40 to prevent rust, a light coat after every
wash i only saw rust around the bottom of one spoke where it went into the nipple but doing burnouts made the ones on the rear spokes loose i think because they only lasted a year and i and one cracked spoke also. :(

·
que..
12,562 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller@Dec 3 2008, 04:08 AM~12321611
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  that logo is funny as hell
Right..its a cheap rip off of the dayton logo too.. :ugh: :ugh:

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
i think its just how you take care of em. i take mine off before i park my car for teh winter and ive had em for about 3 years now, and i did a few burnouts with em on before i got juice and there still goin good

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
spikes right... treat em right, no chemical bullshit,a nd they will last a while..

a fool can fuck up D's or Z's or anything if they want!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
well, the chinas I had were triple chromed, never leaked, were hopped on with the blue cutty on the avatar, and were perfect... if it helps, they were assembled by a mexican in the US OF A :biggrin:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by mkvelidadon@Dec 2 2008, 10:23 PM~12320431
On a daily ride, I got 14" O.G.s. How long do they last or is t matter of how you take care of them?

:uh: Somebody has a china fetish. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by southside64@Dec 3 2008, 05:46 PM~12327023
So is it safe to say that if you want rims that wont rust or leak then your best bet is to go with dayton or zenith?
I think mostly just don't be a slob and take care of your shit, mine are a year old and still look new on my daily ;)

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by praisethelowered59@Dec 3 2008, 06:57 PM~12327149
I think mostly just don't be a slob and take care of your shit, mine are a year old and still look new on my daily ;)
x2 but if you roll chinas year round and have to deal with cold weather/salted roads/snow/rain/etc....then they'll last about 3 years before the surface rust doesn't want to come off as easily and the dish starts to noticable fade. They do tend to get surface rust on the spokes pretty quickly though. I rolled a set 3 years straight and by that time was ready for a new set anyways. If you take them off in winter, live in a warm climate, or only roll on the weekends....i don't see why a set can't stay looking like new until you're ready to roll a different size/color combo/brand/etc.

Here's a pic of one i rolled for awhile until the spokes fell out. Had another wheel that the spokes got loose on but this is out of about 30 wire wheels i've had. It was still pretty clean when it went from 100 spoke to 78 spokes. Oh and this wheel was stamped MADE IN USA

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by mkvelidadon@Dec 3 2008, 10:02 PM~12329497
I'm from Southern Cali the only thing I have to worry about is the summer Cali heat.
You should be good then, as long as you're not too close to the ocean where salt may be an issue :cool:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Dec 3 2008, 08:01 PM~12329488
x2  but if you roll chinas year round and have to deal with cold weather/salted roads/snow/rain/etc....then they'll last about 3 years before the surface rust doesn't want to come off as easily and the dish starts to noticable fade.  They do tend to get surface rust on the spokes pretty quickly though.  I rolled a set 3 years straight and by that time was ready for a new set anyways.  If you take them off in winter, live in a warm climate, or only roll on the weekends....i don't see why a set can't stay looking like new until you're ready to roll a different size/color combo/brand/etc. 

Here's a pic of one i rolled for awhile until the spokes fell out.  Had another wheel that the spokes got loose on but this is out of about 30 wire wheels i've had. It was still pretty clean when it went from 100 spoke to 78 spokes.  Oh and this wheel was stamped MADE IN USA

that makes a nice center peice! do you need some spokes to make it back to 100? :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was looking into Daytons since they're known worldwide by lowriders but then saw O.G. with great prices on 100spokes and couldn't hold back. I guess it's real, all wheels will last as long as you treat them right. Why do some of you prefer 72 spokes over hundred? I hear some saying that wire wheels ain't shit without the Dayton stamp but IMO as long as the car looks good people shouldn't hate on the way it's was build up as long as it wasn't build up in no shitty way. I mean, they money I saved from buying Chinas can go into tires, a new stereo, etc. :cool:

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Daytons and Zenith's are the top of the echolon when it comes to wire wheels.....Dont get me wrong I own a few sets of china's as well, its like comparing a gold plated ring to a solid gold ring........you know........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts