LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Spinning wheels start playing out. Everyone and their momma has a set. It starting to play out down here in florida...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'll give it another year or two. As soon as replacing bearings start becoming a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by bncrzy@Aug 8 2003, 10:58 PM
25 a spinning hub cap at kragens is good sign.
:uh: It has begun :uh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
yea but i think they will stay around for a while...people always thought big rims would get played out...but instead it jus became the norm....i dont think spinners will become the norm...but you'll know when spinners get played out when ford puts them on a truck as a stock option...they seem to jus keep throwing bigger and bigger rims on "strate out the factory" cars..

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
shit i would say 80% of the custom cars in detroit are rolling 20" and up spinners. believe it or not alot of them are davins. as a matter of fact i had 2 customers this week buy a set of 22 inch davin daytons and a 20"revolution. this is the norm in detroit but i do feel they will be played out by next year if not everyones grandmas will have them

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's the same down here in Florida. Everyone basically rides big rims. with white walls on the way out and the dealerships selling cars with 17 and 18's I think big rims will lead the evolution in the wheel manufacturing biz. But as far as spinning rims, they are starting to play out.

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
ya when you have a song that goes platinum over a spinning rim its the end of the fad

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
i think all these spinner and 10 tvs in the cars is getting played out...if i had a nice car that came with nice wheels like a benz, cadillac...etc, i would rather just ride it stock IMO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Aug 15 2003, 05:57 PM
ya when you have a song that goes platinum over a spinning rim its the end of the fad
exactly.....thats how all the burberry and gucci got played out....i liked burberry when i first saw it in the oh boy video...then like 3-4 months later everyones sporting burberry and that shit got stupid quick........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts