LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have ran the blue or grey solenoids and had nothing but problems? i noticed the lugs are small and they stick easy,so why are they round $30 a piece when accurates are $10? :dunno:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 12:32 AM~16372338
how many of you have ran the blue or grey solenoids and had nothing but problems? i noticed the lugs are small and they stick easy,so why are they round $30 a piece when accurates are $10? :dunno:
and now u see why we only run the accurate/accumax solenoids

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 12:32 AM~16372338
the more plastic than plastic looking ones?

I've had to replace them on the only 2 ford vehicles I've ever owned.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I been browsing marine/winch/golf cart solenoids for an alternative.

Most of them are constant duty, figure we could come up with somthing (I know i got excited when pro hopper introduced there HD solenoid, and we all know how that turned out)

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 22 2010, 10:37 AM~16374097

Most of them are constant duty, figure we could come up with somthing (I know i got excited when pro hopper introduced there HD solenoid, and we all know how that turned out)
yeah dude had some 48v solenoids and everything else(which blew too)-they are made for the volts but not the amps ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
junk

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 22 2010, 08:37 AM~16374097

I like the pro hopper HD noids but I wouldn't use them on anything higher than 48v.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TYTE9D@Jan 22 2010, 02:47 PM~16376000
My homie is runnin grey ones from autozone with no probs so far. There like $13 each i think. I only run the accumax or accurate in my car.
how many volts is he running? this guy was runnin 72v and had problems(and i guess a small fire)-then he knocked it down to 36v and still has problems

·
Registered
225 Posts
i always run the ones i can link lug-to-lug with what looks like a brake line fitting... the prestolite ones seem to catch fire quicker and melt the brass leads.

i think theyre F492's and the prestolites are F496. Vatozone part #s....

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 04:45 PM~16378668
what do you guys think about runnin noids parralel instead of series like normal? seems like it would throw the amperage a bit more efficiant :dunno:
i tried it for like a year....never seen a difference

·
Registered
225 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 06:45 PM~16378668
what do you guys think about runnin noids parralel instead of series like normal? seems like it would throw the amperage a bit more efficiant :dunno:
running parallel would let them fry due to voltage. series they fry due to current flow. take your pick :biggrin:

i bet running 6 per pump, in 2 rows of 3, would make things last longer. BUT.... when one dies, it will take longer to see, but at least then you'd be working with two groups of 3 and one leg goes, the other is there like normal on a regular setup.

i like the idea of using a few in between batteries to act as a failsafe to current flow pulling noids (sticking ) to make things safer.

one of these days, a box with some terminals and current limiting guts will be on the market to make things easy and drama-resistant. till then....

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by MUFASA@Jan 22 2010, 07:49 PM~16378715
i tried it for like a year....never seen a difference
yeah thats kinda what i figured :(

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Jan 22 2010, 07:53 PM~16378746
running parallel would let them fry due to voltage. series they fry due to current flow. take your pick :biggrin: 

i bet running 6 per pump, in 2 rows of 3, would make things last longer. BUT.... when one dies, it will take longer to see, but at least then you'd be working with two groups of 3 and one leg goes, the other is there like normal on a regular setup.

i like the idea of using a few in between batteries to act as a failsafe to current flow pulling noids (sticking ) to make things safer.

one of these days, a box with some terminals and current limiting guts  will be on the market to make things easy and drama-resistant. till then....
yeah im waitin for some new shit to come out :cheesy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts