LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
G

·
Originally posted by trudawg@Dec 27 2004, 05:11 PM
I would get  4" wide 3/8" or 1/2" strips that come 20ft long. For most of the straight parts on the frame thats all you'll need. 1.) less cutting 2.) less waste 3.) cheaper
[snapback]2546874[/snapback]​

man thats overkill!!!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
I had 1/2 reinforcements on my 91 s-10 to the doors and then 3/16th :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
My monte is T-top and I want to get it wrapped for at least a 2 pump 6 battery set up would 1/4 stress point reinforcement hold up on it? I'm not really into 3 wheeling and hopping but I know me and I will at least try a couple of times and I don't want my car to fold up b/c its a nice car and I hate to hear people say "u fucked up a nice car with them damn hydraulics."

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by rimzmail@Dec 24 2004, 10:07 PM
And what size steel is needed. (How thick)
[snapback]2540636[/snapback]​

You will need 2 4'x8' sheets I use 3/16" and 1/4" . 1/4" on the sides and 3/16" on the top and bottom

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
i would just walk out to your frame and take a tape measure and order the sizes of stips for each side then you will save alot on waste and cash.

plus have the frame sand blasted it is much eisier to weld to then fighting the rust.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Dec 28 2004, 07:15 PM

plus have the frame sand blasted it is much eisier to weld to then fighting the rust.
[snapback]2551143[/snapback]​

Or just grind down the areas your gonna weld at and then send the final product out to sandblast and come back done. Then you can paint the whole thing to match or whatever.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by chevymalibu@Dec 26 2004, 02:23 PM
the reason is steal is high is because of monopoly.    china is one of the country that sales alot of steal to the US  and  in the USA the steel company are leaving to china and mexico and other contries because of pollution laws and because of labor $  in other countries it cost about $1 a day for a worker and in the USA $200
so you know why this steel is high.  I work on a steel supplier and the steel comes in container and we put a stamp saying made in the USA
[snapback]2543966[/snapback]​

And, dot forget the tariffs that have been imposed to try to protect Domestic manufacturers from consumers buying cheaper imported steel. The real problem is, American steel will be expensive until all the factories are updated, because they are out of date and inefficient now...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts