LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what you guys think ? me and some guy are fighting over how many to run with 48v,

i said 3 on each pump is fine, he is saying that you should run 5 on each pump or youll have problems, i keep trying to tell him its overkill

what you guys think?

G

·
3 is fine, so is 5, if your worrying about burning something up you wont do it with 48V running through either 3 or 5 solenoids unless your switch gets stuck

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i tried to tell him and he thinks i dont know what im talkin about

G

·
there are different ways to run the noid, you can even run 2 banks, for 48V you can even just run 2 solenoid, you'll be fine with 3

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
rule of thumb is 1 solenoid can handle up to 2 batteries...so technically u can run 2 solenoids and be fine... but commonly done is 3 for 48v and up to 60v....

ive seen a guy do over kill and run 1 solenoid per battery and in a 10 battery 4 pump setup you got 20 fuckin solenoids.... and i kept telling him thats way over kill and he was saying no its not cuz i had a fire in my car when i was running 3 on a setup...but he was running it in fashion that would kill em anyways...so he ran 5 in the car and it was okay....but fuck thats way overkill....r u really gonna spend $8 on each solenoid...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
and if u really want to blow his mind..go order up the heavy duty solenoid from pro hopper for $65 bucks and it will handle 4 batteries on 1 solenoid...that'll fuck him up and then tell him to try and pull that "what it is he owns a shop and "has to know more" then anyone else" that mentality gets you no where....everyone is on their own different level of a learning curve....he obviously hasnt figure it out..so ya he knows more than the 6th grader at school behind me....but he dont know more than anyone else with stating that u need to run 5 noids per pump...that right there is a big time NEWBIE statement

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
i run 2 noids for 48 volts.. and 3 noids for up to 72 volts..

anything more than that i run 3 noids and a split bank

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by 8treycutty@Jan 12 2009, 09:54 PM~12683705
i ran 2 noids to 48 volts for 3 months no poblems 3 should be more than fine
i ran 2 noids @60v for 2 years and never had an issue,id run 2 noids per pump @ 48v

·
SANFRANCISCAN
4,511 Posts
2 noids, 4 batts it will work for ever..

3 noids 4 batts will work but when ur batteries are low, they will stick open..

with 2 noids 4 batts low or chrged batts the noids will never go out

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by 68niou1@Jan 12 2009, 08:13 PM~12683936
2 noids, 4 batts  it will work for ever..
3 noids 4 batts will work but when ur batteries are low, they will stick open..

with 2 noids 4 batts low or chrged batts the noids will never go out
I've always ran 3 noids for each pump on 48 V, never a problem with the noids sticking. Why do you say that it won't stick open with low batteries on a 2 noid per 4 battery setup?

·
Registered
367 Posts
has anyone ever noticed each soliniod say's 12 volt's on it. IT'S ONE PER BATTERY. 4 BATT'S=4 SOLINIOD'S. AND THEY WON'T STICK ON YOU. :uh:

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 13 2009, 12:05 PM~12691369
has anyone ever noticed each soliniod say's 12 volt's on it. IT'S ONE PER BATTERY.    4 BATT'S=4 SOLINIOD'S. AND THEY WON'T STICK ON YOU. :uh:
Yeah, they say 12V becaue they're made for 12V just like motors but we put 24V, 26V, 48V, etc through them so the contacts will wear out and stick eventually, it's not 1 solenoid per battery though, that's just a waste of solenoids that aren't needed :no:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 13 2009, 12:05 PM~12691369
has anyone ever noticed each soliniod say's 12 volt's on it. IT'S ONE PER BATTERY.    4 BATT'S=4 SOLINIOD'S. AND THEY WON'T STICK ON YOU. :uh:
if thats the case why dont u ask the hoppers how many solenoid they run in their setups that are 10 batteries to the noise... or 12 to the nose i gurantee its not 12 solenoids......ever notice ur dumps say 12V on them..and we run 24v to them...

1 solenoid will run 2 batteries

1 - 20 of 23 Posts