LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall.I am gonna run a 3 Pump 8 Battery Setup.4 Batts to the Front Pump.4 Batts to the Rear Left Pump and Rear Right Pump.How many Solenoids should I use and how should I set them up?

Eazy

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I'VE HEARD WAY TOO MANY HORROR STORIES ABOUT PRESTOLITE BLOCKS SO I WOULD NEVER USE THEM...
GET MOTORCRAFT SW-3 OR ACCURATE SOLENOIDS AND RUN 3 TO EACH PUMP, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE GROUNDED PROPERLY.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 30 2003, 12:05 AM
Don't waste time or money on solenoids. Spend a little more and go w/ Presolite Blocks.
No way, never use that shit. If you open up those presolites, it aint nothing but three solenoids matted together. So that is why alot of them burn up, cause you got cats running 3-4 pumps on two blocks. You would need at leat 3-4 blocks for your set up. So just go with the Accurates, you will spend about the same.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Sep 30 2003, 08:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Sep 30 2003, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Sep 30 2003, 12:05 AM
Don't waste time or money on solenoids. Spend a little more and go w/ Presolite Blocks.
No way, never use that shit. If you open up those presolites, it aint nothing but three solenoids matted together. So that is why alot of them burn up, cause you got cats running 3-4 pumps on two blocks. You would need at leat 3-4 blocks for your set up. So just go with the Accurates, you will spend about the same.[/b][/quote]
:cool:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Sep 30 2003, 01:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Sep 30 2003, 01:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--phat2600@Sep 30 2003, 12:26 PM
is it ok to use the "I" terminal as an extra precaution and ground that out to ???
NO NEVER EVER!!!!!

THE SOLENOIDS ARE GROUNDED THROU THE "BOLT EARS"
IT'S GOTTA BE METAL ON METAL.[/b][/quote]
YES THAT IS TRUE WELL SAID BADASS64

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by phat2600@Sep 30 2003, 05:26 AM
is it ok to use the "I" terminal as an extra precaution and ground that out to ???
NO

The standard Ford Solenoid 'S' terminal activates the solenoid, 'S' for
'Start'. The 'I' terminal is for 'Ignition' and will have full +12 on it
when the solenoid has been activated by the 'S' terminal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ooppss now i sound like a dumb ass i was told I was a ground i never thought it was but ... figured i would ask anyways i never used it either but i was just wondering ,,,, so i wont be trying that as a "precaution" thanks guys :biggrin: im just gona use a noid to turn on 3 though cause the voltage drop is way to much through the switch cord

1 - 13 of 13 Posts