LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had 2 pumps to the nose and eight batteries to each pump, how many solenoids would you use?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 9 2005, 09:49 AM~3570000
3 per pump is the general rule
Right now we got 6 per pump and they keep burning up. I was thinking of putting 4 of Accumax's per pump.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 9 2005, 10:56 AM~3570029
Right now we got 6 per pump and they keep burning up.  I was thinking of putting 4 of Accumax's per pump.
holy shit!!!! 12 solenoids on 1 24v wire....too much.....3-per pump like biglink said...if still have problems try paralelling your 24v wire to the other bank.... ;)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 9 2005, 10:04 AM~3570061
are they grounded well?
They're getting good ground. I'm probably just gonna wait until the ones I just put on start actin up and then put 4 accumax's per pump. I just called Showtime and the tech told me that would be best.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 9 2005, 10:56 AM~3570029
Right now we got 6 per pump and they keep burning up.  I was thinking of putting 4 of Accumax's per pump.
3 per pump four maybe run a thicker gauge wire to the 24 on the noids...six noids isnt enough current to get them to snap..keep your batterys charged and make sure your 24 volt battery is always hot... :cool:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
3 per pump like biglinc posted earlier.. I run 120 volts to my front pump with 3 accurates.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Lac, your topic title & question have nothing to do w/ each other.........

Running that many volts to each frt. pump, I'd do 3 Accurates/ Accumaxs per pump, 4/0 cable, & definately make sure they have a good gound source.

Are you running this in your Big Bodi?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 9 2005, 09:32 AM~3569931
If you had 2 pumps to the nose and eight batteries to each pump, how many solenoids would you use?
Have you tried the Pro Hopper HD Solenoids they handle 6 batteries so you would need 4 2 for each front pump i have heard people only running 1 for 8 batteries but who knows :dunno:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Aug 9 2005, 01:41 PM~3571012
3 per pump four maybe run a thicker gauge wire to the 24 on the noids...six noids isnt enough current to get them to snap..keep your batterys charged and make sure your 24 volt battery is always hot... :cool:
he said 2 to the nose 6 solenoids per pump thats 12 solenoids on 1 24v wire, witch is prolly 18ga not parelleld when he hits the switch the 24v battery is getting draw from the pump plus 12 solenoids i have seen many times this wil cause problems.......

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 9 2005, 07:06 PM~3573180
Lac, your topic title & question have nothing to do w/ each other.........

Running that many volts to each frt. pump, I'd do 3 Accurates/ Accumaxs per pump, 4/0 cable, & definately make sure they have a good gound source.

Are you running this in your Big Bodi?
The most I ever had in my Fleetwood was 1 pump to the nose w/ 8 batteries.
I was using 5 ford solenoids (the upgraded ford solenoids) and never had a problem.
The guy that installed the setup in the Impala did everything else right. The car has a completely wrapped frame, fiberglassed body, all the pumps have the 1" ports and the 1000cc Trojans. I'm just wondering why he would use some cheap ass solenoid blocks on such a tough setup.
Yesterday I replaced all the solenoids with some better ones and if they don't last we'll order some Accumax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts