LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much psi can you charge a showtime competition pump too? I cant remember..lol.. and Showtime is closed today

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
dont fuck with it.........
you want pressure...... lift car after bleeding the lines. lift it up then ut the plug in ( with teflon ) and then drop the car, thats all the pressure ( air ) you need. anything else your gonna have problems

·
Registered
889 Posts
PUT A GUAGE ON IT SO YOU KNOW THERE IS PRESSURE IN THE TANK AND NOT ANY SUCTION, THROW AWAY THOSE RODS THAT COME WITH THE AIR KIT AND USE 1/4" THREADED ROD PLEASE. I WOULD USE AT LEAST 100 PSI.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i happen to talk to a guy from Showtime.. he told me that I could put 100psi in there... however I wouldnt beable to tell much of a differance. so hell with it..

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
mine says 30 psi right on top of the block, be careful not to blow any seals .i leave mine air free. imo

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea the cce blocks I have around here says it right on the top also, but not the showtime...

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
ok what are we talking about here..a fitting in the block or a piston tank

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was asking how much psi I could put in my ShowTime Competition pump.

Does anyone up here charge there competition pumps with air? If so, does it help?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by standin3d50@Sep 4 2005, 11:11 AM~3749531
I was asking how much psi I could put in my ShowTime Competition pump.

Does anyone up here charge there competition pumps with air? If so, does it help?
been awnsered- more trouble then its worth, blows seels........

doesnt improve MUCH MORE then without it.
leave it alone

·
Registered
889 Posts
WHAT DO YOU MEAN DONT TOUCH IT, GO AHEAD AND TRY IT OUT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. IF IT DIDNT MAKE A DIFFRENCE THEN I WOULD HAVE STOPPED LONG TIME AGO. 100 PSI DOES NOY DO ANY THING TO THE SEALS. IF YOU DONT PLAN ON PRELOADING THE SYSTEM THEN PUT A BREATHER ON THE TANK TO ALLOW AIR TO TAKE PLACE OF THE FLUID THATS GONE WHEN YOU LIFT YOUR RIDE.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
^ this guys full of it , dont mess w/ air unless you have a piston pump ,it WILL blow your seals.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Sep 3 2005, 10:34 PM~3747679
dont fuck with it.........
you want pressure...... lift car after bleeding the lines. lift it up then ut the plug in ( with teflon ) and then drop the car, thats all the pressure ( air ) you need.  anything else your gonna have problems

100% agree :cool:

just enough air to compensate vacuum :biggrin:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Originally posted by robocon@Sep 4 2005, 09:37 PM~3753223
^ this guys full of it , dont mess w/ air unless you have a piston pump ,it WILL blow your seals.
COME ON HOMIE, YOU PLAYIN IT SAFE THATS ALL. IVE HAD FRIENDS LOOKING IN THE TRUNK AND AS SOON AS I STARTED ADDING PRESSURE THEY STTEPED BACK A COUPLE OF FEET"AT FIRST", NOW EVERYBODY IS DOING IT. AND ANOTHER THING, ADDING PRESSURE TO A REGULAR TANK OR A PISTON TANK IS THE SAME THING TO THE SEALS, SO YOUR SAYING ITS "SAFER" TO ADD 300 PSI TO A PISTON TANK THAN A REGULAR WITH 100 PSI, CAN THE SEALS TELL THE DIFFRENCE?????? AND HOW CAN YOU SAY YOUR FUCKINGUPSHIT IF YOUR CAR IS THERE SAFELY IN THE GRASS, LOOK AT MINE FOOL!! ARE YOU PLAYING GOLF?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 4 2005, 11:05 PM~3753887
100% agree  :cool:

just enough air to compensate vacuum  :biggrin:
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE AIR LEAKS OUT, REMOVE THE PLUG AND LIFT THE CAR, THEN ADD TEFLON AND DROP IT AGAIN. THEN THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS PLUG YOUR TANK WITH A 3/8 CHECK VALVE TO ALLOW AIR IN AND NOT OUT.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
thanx for the feedback 87cutlesshopper i guess i do play it safe , but ive beat on my ride pretty good. just heard alot of bad about air in the tanks . :thumbsup:

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
ok, i tried that check valve in the tank thing.........

i fealt no difference. feels the same as lifting the car and them pluggin it. :dunno: and looks ugly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts