LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does a fully wraped frame go for,i like early to mid
80's g-bodys and caddy fleetwoods an coupe deville's.i want a frame to get a project started.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** if i was to put a price tag on what i had into materials & then some for cost -- i would say $2000 is a good price ..Higher depending if the frame is to be smoothed or not, steel thickness , ect........... $2500 isnt that bad of a price ...... Now that i did my frame on my own & i know what it takes to do so ........ I wont do a frame for less then that .... If I had 2-3 buddys who knew how to weld & all that i would charge less...

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Chris Ponder - Lugnutz Auto Fabrication

LRM World Record holder Luxury Class

This man is a GOOD guy, known CP for about 10 years...

He has juiced both of my Fleetwoods, one has a wrapped and powder coated frame... I will get the other Fleetwood done this winter... I would have to say 3K for a full frame wrap, that is a LOT of work...

Only trust the best...

;)

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
in detroit we start at 2000.0 plus exchange then it depends on thickness and finish product to see what the price would end up. i would say they range from 2000.00 up to 8000.00 for a finished show product

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'll supply you with a 80's g-body frame and suspension fully wrapped for $3000. I'll put it in primer if you like. Im only an hour away from you. (louisville)

Last edited by Fernando at Nov 21 2003, 09:02 PM

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by capriceman75@Nov 21 2003, 03:54 AM
how much does a fully wraped frame go for,i like early to mid
80's g-bodys and caddy fleetwoods an coupe deville's.i want a frame to get a project started.
we are doin 1 now that you can come look at to see the quality.

we have a g body frame and a 4 door caprice frame waiting to be done tevis' frame is also sitting up there all pretty
waiting for its chrome to show up so it can asembled.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Nov 21 2003, 08:08 PM
in detroit we start at 2000.0 plus exchange then it depends on thickness and finish product to see what the price would end up. i would say they range from 2000.00 up to 8000.00 for a finished show product
Damn, doesnt that sound crazy when you think about it.... sitting on an $8000 frame? I mean.... its crazy to think that people take it that far now... not too long ago, that would be unheard of. Shit, you could buy a nice Impala for that much, maybe even a rag! :0

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Nov 21 2003, 09:45 PM
i was just wondering what is a street strap or strapin a frame

you all got me lost!
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I am lost also!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
YEAH IT IS NOT ANY THING ANY MORE TO HAVE 3500 TO 8G'S JUST ON THE FRAME ETC.. DROP THAT MUCH CASH AND THEN SPEND ANOTHER 3500 TO 4G'S JUST ON THE INSTALL AND PUMPS SO YOU CAN USE THE FRAME :biggrin:

BUT IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT YOU HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 21 2003, 09:46 PM
YEAH IT IS NOT ANY THING ANY MORE TO HAVE 3500 TO 8G'S JUST ON THE FRAME ETC.. DROP THAT MUCH CASH AND THEN SPEND ANOTHER 3500 TO 4G'S JUST ON THE INSTALL AND PUMPS SO YOU CAN USE THE FRAME :biggrin:

Good thing I will just be paying for parts!! :biggrin: ;)

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Nov 21 2003, 09:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Nov 21 2003, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--82onJUICE@Nov 21 2003, 09:46 PM
YEAH IT IS NOT ANY THING ANY MORE TO HAVE 3500 TO 8G'S JUST ON THE FRAME ETC.. DROP THAT MUCH CASH AND THEN SPEND ANOTHER 3500 TO 4G'S  JUST ON THE INSTALL AND PUMPS SO YOU CAN USE THE FRAME  :biggrin:

Good thing I will just be paying for parts!! :biggrin: ;)[/b][/quote]
and that welder!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
YEAH BUT YOU WILL STILL HAVE TIME IN IT SO YOU HAVE TO JUST THINK OF THAT AS MONEY BEING PUT IN TO IS ALSO PLUSE JUICE NO MATTER WHAT WILL BE A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY OUT OF POCKET YOU KNOW

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by juandik+Nov 21 2003, 09:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juandik @ Nov 21 2003, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 09:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--82onJUICE
@Nov 21 2003, 09:46 PM
YEAH IT IS NOT ANY THING ANY MORE TO HAVE 3500 TO 8G'S JUST ON THE FRAME ETC.. DROP THAT MUCH CASH AND THEN SPEND ANOTHER 3500 TO 4G'S  JUST ON THE INSTALL AND PUMPS SO YOU CAN USE THE FRAME  :biggrin:

Good thing I will just be paying for parts!! :biggrin: ;)
and that welder![/b][/quote]
Doing Forplay's car paid for the welder!! :biggrin: ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Nov 21 2003, 08:45 PM
i was just wondering what is a street strap or strapin a frame

you all got me lost!
street strap to me would be a-arm perches,crossmember,rear arches and rear end. full wrap all 4 sides of the frame

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you send of your frame at my house I'll do it for 1,500 ;)

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea,i know cp and be up their at times.
hey fernando,do you smooth out frames b4 you primer,just wanna know.an thats a good deal if you give the suspenion with it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by capriceman75@Nov 24 2003, 01:40 AM
yea,i know cp and be up their at times.
hey fernando,do you smooth out frames b4 you primer,just wanna know.an thats a good deal if you give the suspenion with it.
For that price i just smooth out the rough edges. Molding is really time consuming so its a little more expensive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts