LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by CadyRidah@Aug 4 2005, 01:22 AM
it should't be what he wants but if it's 800 for just the labor then that sounds good. if that includes paint and materials it ain't even worth it your time. tell him 1500 or go somewhere else.
[snapback]3539090[/snapback]​
Yup,got to start at 1500,seems like the norm everywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do agree with the others $1500 is about right for the job... However.... If you are just starting out and are trying to build a client list $800 is a good price. Depending on what is done to the car, If all your doing is scuffing and shooting, its a fair price for a learner car. (learner being you).

One suggestion, if you are learning and are cutting this break for that reason you might want to let your customer know that.. They are more willing and understanding if you tell them that up front... Plus if you do a nice job on that car they will bring you more business... The only downfall is that he is going to tell his friends you charged him $800... so if he does send business your way start going up on the price...

Just my opinion take it for what its worth. This is how I started and everything has worked out fine for me.. I can now charge proper prices on work... I cut some breaks in the beggining and the clients sent me more business...

:)

·
Registered
16,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by lcompeau@Aug 4 2005, 09:52 AM~3539900
I do agree with the others $1500 is about right for the job... However.... If you are just starting out and are trying to build a client list $800 is a good price. Depending on what is done to the car, If all your doing is scuffing and shooting, its a fair price for a learner car. (learner being you). 

One suggestion, if you are learning and are cutting this break for that reason you might want to let your customer know that.. They are more willing and understanding if you tell them that up front... Plus if you do a nice job on that car they will bring you more business... The only downfall is that he is going to tell his friends you charged him $800... so if he does send business your way start going up on the price...

Just my opinion take it for what its worth. This is how I started and everything has worked out fine for me.. I can now charge proper prices on work... I cut some breaks in the beggining and the clients sent me more business...

:)
My pops had me do my first ride at 11 or 12, Im 22 now and I've been doing my thing for about 5 years on my own, he charges even less than me, he wouldve chared 4 or 5, and does far better work than I do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts