LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW MUCH DO YOU ALL CHARGE FOR REPLICA MODELS OF SOMEONES CAR? I DONT HAVE ANYTHING WORTH DOIN NOW BUT IM CURIOUS.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Could run you well into the hundreds depending on detials involved! but your looking at atleast $75 to start!!! ;)

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by Project59@Oct 9 2007, 08:34 AM~8958640
Could run you well into the hundreds depending on detials involved! but your looking at atleast $75 to start!!!  ;)

This is very ture !

Cost factor's !

Price of kit

added extras such as

wheels
interior details
motor details
trunk detail

other items as in

Working suspesions
hinged hood
opening doors and trunk

then the cost of painting it !

full custom air brushed murals
custom patterns
just a plain candy
all factoey specs !

And the hardest vaule to add to any build would be PERSONAL time !

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
I was thinking of this myself. But I have not found a kit of my car. I have a 1991 cadillac sedan deville. I think i might pay a pretty penny for a kit of that...

But a replica may be too hard to do because of the paint. I have a lot of fades, flake and color shifting flake.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Concidering no kit of that car has ever been released!!! (As far as I know)
Now your looking at a scratch build! so yeah you got it right when you say a pretty penny..... A pretty penny indeed!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
each person will charge a different price. It's like asking an artist how much he'll charge to do your portrait. Each one is gonna place a different pricetag on their skills and time.

anything custom made is gonna be more expensive then something already built. just like with anything else

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Originally posted by Project59@Oct 9 2007, 07:58 AM~8958722
Concidering no kit of that car has ever been released!!! (As far as I know)
Now your looking at a scratch build! so yeah you got it right when you say a pretty penny..... A pretty penny indeed!!!!

lol. I would imagine it would be very difficult to make a model like that. I saw the fleetwood and that was pretty cool! I give you guys credit. I would get very frustrated working with all those little parts.

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Oct 9 2007, 06:31 AM~8958634
HOW MUCH DO YOU ALL CHARGE FOR REPLICA MODELS OF SOMEONES CAR? I DONT HAVE ANYTHING WORTH DOIN NOW BUT IM CURIOUS.

what are you wanting built?

I know red_ghosts caddys has to be all scratch built, but what are you wanting?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i know youll probly never respond to this topic again, but if you ever REALLY want a replica of 1 of ur cars built, you could ask 1 of ur HOMIES im sure 1 of them would hook you up. i seem to remember a friend of urs wanting to build a replica of 2-tone b4 you got rid of it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts