LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to get an idea. frame off, on the rotisserie, replace 2 rear quarters, stock color only, no flakes or anything. worst case, how much should this cost? i thought i saw a posting on here a while back where bowtie charged someone 6500 for the metal work alone. is that typical?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, my bad, its a 63 ragtop. i know prices do vary, but an average of what to expect was all i was lookin for. just want to know an average so i know if i'd be gettin ripped off if someone quoted too high, etc.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not big at all. just some clean up metal work and a stock Chevy color. no crazy kandy or patterns or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, i understand that too. nobody wants to quote somethin they haven't seen yet. me not being a body guy, i guess its hard cuz i dont know whats too high, etc. damn it all! :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by bichkikr@Nov 25 2008, 09:50 PM~12260751
just trying to get an idea.  frame off, on the rotisserie, replace 2 rear quarters, stock color only, no flakes or anything.  worst case, how much should this cost?  i thought i saw a posting on here a while back where bowtie charged someone 6500 for the metal work alone.  is that typical?
With wanting the body off and on a rotisserie will def. make it an expensive job. replacing the quarters arent cheap either, and if the quarters are rusted out there is usually more hidden work behind everything. Of course as others have said you cannot get a quote/estimate without looking the car over and even digging into it - With that said I would guess that you may be looking at the 8-10 thousand dollar range. Again just a guess to hopefully give you an idea of what you might be looking at. Hope it helps you out a little. Good luck with the build. :cool:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 27 2008, 01:18 PM~12276278
Don't shop for the job until you got 10-15k in your hand.

TRUE. Being ready and able before hitting up the shops, if for nothing else to be able to get the best deal.

·
que..
12,562 Posts
Its kind of hard to even get a ballpark price without tearing the car apart and seeing what you got to work with. I work for my uncle, and he usually quotes people up to $1,000 over, because you run into a lot of problems that are hidden when car is in one piece..:dunno: post pics of car and problem areas that you know of :puffin: :puffin:

·
que..
12,562 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 27 2008, 03:18 PM~12276278
Don't shop for the job until you got 10-15k in your hand.
If you can get that kinda money in your hands, go buy a new, rust-less ride :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
Originally posted by bichkikr@Nov 26 2008, 11:07 AM~12263024
oh, my bad, its a 63 ragtop.  i know prices do vary, but an average of what to expect was all i was lookin for.  just want to know an average so i know if i'd be gettin ripped off if someone quoted too high, etc.
go find me a new rust free one then :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by Lil_Peezy420@Nov 30 2008, 10:13 PM~12297057
ah shit, didn't see that.  I guess fuck the 63, get a g-body :biggrin: :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by 63 Pimpala@Nov 26 2008, 07:18 PM~12267084
I think most shops want to see the car in person before giving any kind of quote.  I've been checking also and they always tell me "you never know until you start taking shit apart".
x2 same som money and take it apart for the shop ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts