LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/269000-269999/269114_2.jpg

If this does not show up. It is camellion, gold and fusha, and maybe yelow or red.

How much for this and how many clear coats to give it that show quallity. :biggrin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the fuck :angry:

Why is this taking so long

Come on folks,, Help me out.

Can some one tell me how much this cost. :(

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'll do it for 3500 $AUSTRALIAN if you ship it over to me ..
what ya rekon .. ??? ;)
:wave: :guns: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited by sabre at Jul 30 2003, 05:26 PM

·
Registered
35 Posts
first u have to get bodywork done if you have any..thats more money right there

u want the kind of camellion switchcraft mentioned..
then i would say clear it once (2-3 coats)..then wetsand and clear it again(2-3 coats)...if any imperfections after that..just wet sand and buff :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
I suppose switchcraft ,, sort of looks similar ,, hey ..
what ya think .. . .. cyan - purple ..

:thumbsup:

--------I really dunno ,, I think its the colour above ---------

:thumbsdown: because it deffinetely dosn't look like the colour below thats for sure

Last edited by sabre at Jul 30 2003, 05:30 PM

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
for some reason ive never enjoyed the chamelion paints. material cost is expenisve. ill take a candy job, even a really nice pearl job over the chamellion. candy more of a fine art :biggrin: anyone ever need to do a repair job on chamellion? wondering if its a pain in the ass?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS JUST USING PEARLS THAT I MIX MYSELF-----EVER HEARD OF A "FLIP FLOP" PEARL----------SAME THING BUT LIKE 1/8 THE COST IF THAT..............PEACE

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Jul 30 2003, 01:14 PM
I CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS JUST USING PEARLS THAT I MIX MYSELF-----EVER HEARD OF A "FLIP FLOP" PEARL----------SAME THING BUT LIKE 1/8 THE COST IF THAT..............PEACE
probably looks a hell of a lot better :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58+Jul 30 2003, 12:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeCounty58 @ Jul 30 2003, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Jul 30 2003, 01:14 PM
I CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS JUST USING  PEARLS THAT I MIX MYSELF-----EVER HEARD OF A "FLIP FLOP" PEARL----------SAME THING BUT LIKE 1/8 THE COST IF THAT..............PEACE
probably looks a hell of a lot better :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
PROBABLY HUH-HAHAHAHA :biggrin:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Jul 31 2003, 07:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Jul 31 2003, 07:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 12:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife
@Jul 30 2003, 01:14 PM
I CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS JUST USING  PEARLS THAT I MIX MYSELF-----EVER HEARD OF A "FLIP FLOP" PEARL----------SAME THING BUT LIKE 1/8 THE COST IF THAT..............PEACE

PROBABLY HUH-HAHAHAHA :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Wow ,, When you buy kameleon as dry powder and mix it yourself it only costs 1/10 the price ,, ;) ;)
and they are very easy to repair ..
yeh ,, flip flop pearls ,, I though I had a cupboard full of the shit somewhere but It must have run away.. can you refresh my memory ..
what pearls would U use to achieve that colour ..????????????
and what kind of price would it cost ..?????????????
OHH ,, And also tell me what angles them colours are on given the sun position and observer position just so I can be sure you have the same colour ..????????

Last edited by sabre at Jul 31 2003, 11:38 AM

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Jul 31 2003, 04:05 AM
it is the one below sabre..look real hard........

Lucky I didn't post 2 completely different colours ,, hey ..

Last edited by sabre at Jul 31 2003, 11:40 AM

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by sabre+Jul 30 2003, 03:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sabre @ Jul 30 2003, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 07:58 AM

Wow ,, When you buy kameleon as dry powder and mix it yourself it only costs 1/10 the price ,, ;) ;)
yeh ,, flip flop pearls ,, I though I had a cupboard full of the shit somewhere but It must have run away.. can you refresh my memory ..
OHH ,, And also tell me what angles them colours are on given the sun position and observer position just so I can be sure you have the same colour ..????????[/b][/quote]
i don't buy pearls off the shelf in little 4oz jars----i buy my pearls by the pounds and i mix my own "flip flops"-----if you are talking about the car above which looks like a 300m i would use something like an aztec or pegan gold mixed as well as a rasberry magenta mix------------as far as the angles--------i don't get the question?? if you are talking about what angles the sun is in that picture i would say coming from in front of the car a little more to the driver side---that is why the passenger side is a little darker and you only get a glimpse of the magenta tone----now of course the thing w/ cameleon paint as well as a "true flip flop" pearl is that same area is not going to look the same color all the time---people have to remember that on a flip flop pearl the dark color will always dominate so you have to be careful on what colors you use---as far as cost well i only paint for myself and close friends so i can tell you what it would cost me in material but not what someone might charge-------peace

Last edited by lowriderlife at Jul 31 2003, 06:51 AM

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Aug 1 2003, 12:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Aug 1 2003, 12:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 03:54 PM

OHH ,, And also tell me what angles them colours are on given the sun position and observer position just so I can be sure you have the same colour ..????????
i don't buy pearls off the shelf in little 4oz jars----i buy my pearls by the pounds and i mix my own "flip flops"-----if you are talking about the car above which looks like a 300m i would use something like an aztec or pegan gold mixed as well as a rasberry magenta mix------------as far as the angles--------i don't get the question?? if you are talking about what angles the sun is in that picture i would say coming from in front of the car a little more to the driver side---that is why the passenger side is a little darker and you only get a glimpse of the magenta tone----now of course the thing w/ cameleon paint as well as a "true flip flop" pearl is that same area is not going to look the same color all the time---people have to remember that on a flip flop pearl the dark color will always dominate so you have to be careful on what colors you use---as far as cost well i only paint for myself and close friends so i can tell you what it would cost me in material but not what someone might charge-------peace[/b][/quote]
I buy all my powders in 5kg ( 4oz = 1/10 of 1kg )what's that compared to a 4oz jar I don't know you do the math ..
The sun position and the observer(camera person) position will determine what colours you see on the specific angles of the car .. IF you can't determine what angles these colours are hittin then you wouldn't have a hope of recreating or pretending to recreate that colour ,, ..
And kameleon technically isn't a "flip-flop pearl" It is a mutilayered opaque flake ,, which reflects on every angle which isn't classed as a pearl ..

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by sabre+Jul 31 2003, 05:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sabre @ Jul 31 2003, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected]Aug 1 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 03:54 PM

i don't buy pearls off the shelf in little 4oz jars----i buy my pearls by the pounds and i mix my own "flip flops"-----if you are talking about the car above which looks like a 300m i would use something like an aztec or pegan gold mixed as well as a rasberry magenta mix------------as far as the angles--------i don't get the question?? if you are talking about what angles the sun is in that picture i would say coming from in front of the car a little more to the driver side---that is why the passenger side is a little darker and you only get a glimpse of the magenta tone----now of course the thing w/ cameleon paint as well as a "true flip flop" pearl is that same area is not going to look the same color all the time---people have to remember that on a flip flop pearl the dark color will always dominate so you have to be careful on what colors you use---as far as cost well i only paint for myself and close friends so i can tell you what it would cost me in material but not what someone might charge-------peace
I buy all my powders in 5kg ( 4oz = 1/10 of 1kg )what's that compared to a 4oz jar I don't know you do the math ..
The sun position and the observer(camera person) position will determine what colours you see on the specific angles of the car .. IF you can't determine what angles these colours are hittin then you wouldn't have a hope of recreating or pretending to recreate that colour ,, ..
And kameleon technically isn't a "flip-flop pearl" It is a mutilayered opaque flake ,, which reflects on every angle which isn't classed as a pearl ..[/b][/quote]
the biggest point is just like you said depending on where you stand and how the light hits the car will determine on the colors that you see----the person who is asking for this color might be looking at it from the driver side w/ direct light and love the colors and then go to the passenger side w/ in-direct light and absolutly hate the car color------so depending on the angle and sunlight the colors will look completly different---also if you happen to look at the same car in florecent light at the same angles it will look completly different so basically it will never look exactly the same at any time unless the conditions are exactly the same everytime you look at it---------------my point is that buying a camelion paint and spraying it out of a can needs no "artistic tendencies" painting candy's and pearls etc..where you as an artist control the look---has more heart ...you are a complete artist--------------!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was buetiful but I still want that kind of styel.

The gold as a domaneit color, Then purple, and fushia. (I can't spell for shit.) :uh: but .......

So for a 1997 caviler. I would need 2 quarts, so $800.

How much is each can of clear.????????/

How much for labor.

Please hit me up and let me know :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts