LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to sell this 1977 Chevy Impala. In a lot of debt. I posted it for $2,500. I've had people inquire about it and they were interested but once I tell them about the smog issue, they stop replying. Mechanic told me it won't pass smog bc emissions are too high, he said it's about a $200 or up fix. If anyone can tell me if I should lower the price by how much or if I should just fix it myself to sell? Which one would be in my advantage? Details are below. Thank you.

. IN GREAT CONDITION. 108,415 MILES. RECENT OIL CHANGE W/ PAPER. SAFETY AND PREPURCHASE INSPECTION W/ PAPER BY HIGHLY REVIEWED & RATED MECHANIC. KENWOOD SOUND SYSTEM SPEAKERS, GMC, & SUBROOFER INSTALLED. WORTH ($500). ENGINE IS 5.7. HAS SPORT WHEELS. RUNS EXCELLENT & SAFE TO DRIVE. CONS- PREVIOUS OWNER SAID IT MUST BE DRIVEN 40-50 MILES BEFORE GETTING IT SMOGGED. I HAVE YET TO TEST THIS OUT BC I DONT HAVE THE TIME NOR MONEY. IT IS STILL UNDER PREVIOUS OWNERS NAME (CANT REGISTER WITHOUT SMOG) SERIOUS INQUIRES O N L Y. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS. ONLY ASK ABOUT THE VEHICLE IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT PURCHASING. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Attachments

·
** 58-64 Rag Impalas **
16,542 Posts
^^^^^^^^

I moved your thread here (to low gen) hopefully you'll get some input.

car looks clean BTW. GL

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the price is fair. The car looks great in the pictures and I can see it appealing to a lot of buyers. I'm assuming you're in California because of the smog info, so you should probably start advertising it outside of california, as most states don't require emissions testing on cars of this age.

·
16,068 Posts
Sounds kinda funny you don't have time to drive it 40 miles. Then you don't have $200 to get it fixed.
To me that sounds normal. Money issues = no insurance/plates so no driving it. Smog test doesn't exist here anymore, clean car for the price for sure. If car was around here I'd be very interested at that price point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
umlolo
LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums
LayItLow forum is an online community for true Lowriders. Come in and discuss hydraulics, air ride tech tips and all the information you need for dropping your lowrider.
Full Forum Listing