LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Jul 26 2005, 05:19 AM
any pics of any cars with 3/4 extension????????
i have 1/2 and they don't bulldog at all
[snapback]3478491[/snapback]​
my 1/2 pokes out a bit when dropped,,,straight up and down when locked up

your belly might have gave in a bit

another thing that gets to me is,,people that say they (and tell everone else to) extened all the their arms a full inch,,,then turn around and shim their's to 1/2

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Jul 25 2005, 07:15 AM
1 Inch is good IMO, because you can still shim them back if you feel they have too much of a lean. I went 1 inch and shimmed them back about 1/2 inch
[snapback]3473275[/snapback]​
i think i will have to do the same, have to wait until i get it all back together.

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by BRAVO@Jul 26 2005, 09:16 AM
my 1/2 pokes out a bit when dropped,,,straight up and down when locked up

your belly might have gave in a bit
another thing that gets to me is,,people that say they (and tell everone else to) extened all the their arms a full inch,,,then turn around and shim their's to 1/2
[snapback]3481250[/snapback]​
I would've left mine at 1 inch but the tire rubbed the wheel-well when dumped, so I pulled it back a little. It also moved the crossbar toward the engine which helped so it didn't rub the cylinder

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
Originally posted by blueouija@Jul 24 2005, 12:52 PM
anything over an inch starts to look silly... I do agree the bulldog look is mean though...
[snapback]3469420[/snapback]​
I think that looks mean as hell.....but youve got to remember that car has a huuuuge belly split that is adding to that look....that isnt just a-arm extention

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Jul 26 2005, 08:37 AM
I would've left mine at 1 inch but the tire rubbed the wheel-well when dumped, so I pulled it back a little. It also moved the crossbar toward the engine which helped so it didn't rub the cylinder
[snapback]3481407[/snapback]​

why not cut the arms do it would even touch the cylinder. all of the ones ive owned have been cut about an inch or more, so it wouldnt touch the cylinder. when dropped, its about an inch away from even getting close to the cylinder....

mine are extended, molded, reinforced and look good to me. a lot of people asked why i went 2". i liked it, so i had new ones made and chromed. i had 1 1/2" extension last month there were smoothed and chromed, but i wanted a different look. so i had these 2" extension made. ill post pics in a bit

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Jul 24 2005, 04:19 AM
when your tire looks like this    /
[snapback]3468415[/snapback]​

half way right... :biggrin:

its supposed to be like this: \------/

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
:cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Jul 26 2005, 09:47 PM
why not cut the arms do it would even touch the cylinder. all of the ones ive owned have been cut about an inch or more, so it wouldnt touch the cylinder. when dropped, its about an inch away from even getting close to the cylinder....

mine are extended, molded, reinforced and look good to me. a lot of people asked why i went 2". i liked it, so i had new ones made and chromed. i had 1 1/2" extension last month there were smoothed and chromed, but i wanted a different look. so i had these 2" extension made. ill post pics in a bit
[snapback]3486217[/snapback]​
Hey Mr.G body :biggrin:

When you get a grown persons car, like an Impala, you'll realize that the cross shafts for the arms rub on the cylinder. He's saying he added a shim between the mount, and the cross shaft, which moved the cross shaft away from the cylinder, so it didnt rub.

see.

Also, if you extend at the ears, you dont have to notch the top of the arm.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Jul 26 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey Mr.G body  :biggrin:

When you get a grown persons car, like an Impala, you'll realize that the cross shafts for the arms rub on the cylinder.  He's saying he added a shim between the mount, and the cross shaft, which moved the cross shaft away from the cylinder, so it didnt rub.

see.

[snapback]3486272[/snapback]​

you dont know what i have, so you could STFU. :biggrin:
go bag another impala dufus....

depending where you extend, you have to torch the plate, because the plates dont come curved, mr know it all.

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Jul 26 2005, 09:47 PM
[snapback]3486217[/snapback]​
Do you already have the arms on the cutty? Let's see the pics... ;)

·
Registered
51,637 Posts
1`` max biger is pointless and it dosen help with the geometry for better movement or wear

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
true, anything over an inch is pointless. sure, i'll be wearing my tires if i drive it.
i did it because i wanted a different look. my front locks up a lot higher. ;)

i dont hop my car, and i rarely even drive my car. i have chrome 4 ton pro hopper springs up front.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Jul 26 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey Mr.G body  :biggrin:

When you get a grown persons car, like an Impala, you'll realize that the cross shafts for the arms rub on the cylinder.  He's saying he added a shim between the mount, and the cross shaft, which moved the cross shaft away from the cylinder, so it didnt rub.

see.

[snapback]3486272[/snapback]​

wow, looks like its rubs on G BODYS TOO, MR KNOWITALL. :biggrin:

i guess you dont need a impala for it to rub the cylinder. :twak:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Jul 28 2005, 06:14 PM
2" extension.
[snapback]3498835[/snapback]​
Looks mean... :thumbsup: now that's the bulldog stance... Did you put the shims in or not Albert?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do any of the G-Body owners with extended uppers have a problem with inner fender rubbing. How much extension can I get away with and still drive it lowered?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts