LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before everyone tells me this is a stupid idea and post.............

you need to understand that winter is on it's way and i have a hard time storing my cars teh way it is.......so taking the body off this late in the game is out of the question.........

so i guess i am looking for a post on a body off reinforcement if anyone could help me i would appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO A FULL FRAME WRAP WITH THE BODY STILL ON
Are you asking about body on reinforcement? You said that "taking the body off this late in the game is out of the question" right? You might want to wait until it warms up there. It is possible to do a body on reinforcement but it is not worth the time or the money, just wait and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a feeling someone was gonna say this.......let me reword this then........

i ripped the car apart GOING to do the install before winter comes.......is there any way i can START on the frame for now?????????

i could swear i have heard of people doing 3 sides with the body on............

i want to go as far as i can before winter gets here.........i am only ONE man working on this..it IS warm out but i never have time to work on my rides anymore.......

if nobody has done it then i guess i am going to attempt it........

·
Registered
638 Posts
From what you said about doing three sides you still have the body on so what I am saying is, as far as the frame is concerned if you can't do all 4 sides then don't even bother!!! Do all the suspension work then when you can do the frame the right way then do all 4 sides. Patience now will save you alot of pain later.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i get what you mean but i could at least plate one side now or would that be a waste..........

you see i wanted to build a street hopper/cruiser nothing serious and was going to stick witht eh stress points but after reading some of these horror stories in this forum it is scaring the shit outta me.............

NOW maybe i just need to hear all the street riders out there who are driving around with stress points done and pulling 3's and hopping...........

i need to feel more confident about just doing the stress points.............and not a full wrap

·
Registered
638 Posts
There is nothing to feel confident about when doing a stresspoint, like I said, YOU WILL REGRET not wrapping ALL 4 SIDES!!

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by larrylegend@Sep 5 2005, 09:52 PM~3759551
just do the arches in the rear and the cross member then but u  should do a full wrap.
Did you do a full frame wrap when you built your lac

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by larrylegend@Sep 5 2005, 10:41 PM~3759987
arches, crossmember, and front side of frame were the wheel well is
You did all your own work or did you have a shop do it and who molded your cadi moldings for you

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Sep 5 2005, 10:43 PM~3760001
You did all your own work or did you have a shop do it and who molded your cadi moldings for you
i bought the caddy with the 90 version all i did was put hydros in it

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by larrylegend@Sep 5 2005, 10:47 PM~3760029
i bought the caddy with the 90 version all i did was put hydros in it
I thought the car looked filmilar its gregs old car

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Sep 5 2005, 10:52 PM~3760053
I thought the car looked filmilar its gregs old car
i think so i hear his name before i bought it from a guy named Jaimie... and hector.....fuck this car used to belong to everyone!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
you dont have to pull the body right away from the frame to wrap it, i just jacked the body up by 12" so i could slide the pre-cut steel in place and get the mig into it, it was tight in some places but i managed ok. It took a little longer.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
This is just a piece of 3/16 on the back and some on the outside of the frame in the front and the bottom of the crossmember. It has been juiced since 1999, and didn't get any reinforcing till 2000. It has had 4 different set-ups and is single pump with 11 batteries now. Still holding up. :biggrin:

You just need to know where to do it. :0

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by yetti@Sep 6 2005, 05:38 PM~3764451
This is just a piece of 3/16 on the back and some on the outside of the frame in the front and the bottom of the crossmember.  It has been juiced since 1999, and didn't get any reinforcing till 2000.  It has had 4 different set-ups and is single pump with 11 batteries now.  Still holding up. :biggrin:

You just need to know where to do it. :0
i have a 92 caprice i wanna do a partial where should it get reinforced?

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
it depends on waht kind of car, on a impala your can do alot of the arches with the body on, and 3 sides of most of the center, plus a bit of the front too, but its alot better with the body off, it gives you alot more room to work and you dont have to have sparks in your face

1 - 20 of 20 Posts