LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY GALLONS OF PAINT IS NEEDED TO PAINT MY CUTTY AND DO I NEED SOMES CLEAR COAT OR NOT ANY HELP IS COOL THANK YOU :cool:

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
If you go single stage then u need no clear it already basiccly mixed in the paint if u go base clear then you will need 1 gallon paint(depending on the color and the color of primer you use) and 1 gallon of clear

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT I WOULD NEED ONE GALLON OF PAINT AND ONE GALLON OF PRIMER?

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by MRA@Sep 30 2003, 03:35 AM
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT I WOULD NEED ONE GALLON OF PAINT AND ONE GALLON OF PRIMER?
I am not saying you will need a full gallon of primer it all depends on how bad the paint is on the car u r painting and how much prep you are doing u asked about paint and clear it all varies depending on different things like color and condition of the exesting paint the amonut of dings all this makes things vary

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MY PAINT ON MY CA IS VERY GOOD JUST HAS A LITTLE RUST ON THE TRUNK LID BUT FOR THE MOST PART MY PAINT AND BODY IS GOOD :biggrin:

·
Registered
549 Posts
SAND UR WHOLE CAR........NOT TO BARE METEL BUT TO CLEAN IT UP.....UR GONNA SAND AND ROUGHIN THE PAINT.......(IF U DONT SAND UR CAR AND JUST SHOOT PRIMER OR PAINT THAT SHIT WILL NOT STICK)....... JUST SAND THE WHOLE CAR WITH A 150 GRIT PAPER........... BUY A GALLON OF HIGH BUILD PRIMER AND PRIME UR CAR, THE WHOLE CAR......PAINT STICKS BETTER TO PRIMER THEN TO OLD PAINT..........PLUS THE HIGH BUILD PRIMER WILL GET RID OF ALL UR LIL ROCK CHIPS AND SAND SCRATCHES.................WET SAND THE PRIMER TO SMOOTHEN IT UP , USE A BLEND PREP WHEN DOING THAT...........THEN PAINT......................................SO JUST GET A GALLON OF PRIMER,1 QUART OF REDUCER, AND 1 QUART OF ACTIVATOR, AND 1 GALLON OF PAINT....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts