LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my 1978 Olds cutlass supreme 2 door painted and i have a couple questions. First i am looking at buying House of Kolor KBC04-QT Oriental Blue basecoat but i dont know how many qt's to buy. Secondly i want to buy some House of Kolor F15-6Z 6oz jar of silver flake but i dont know how many jars of flake to buy. I dont want the car looking like a glitter mobile but i do want some modest flaking like some of the nicer lowrider's . I would also like to know how much primer to buy and how much clear coat. I want the car to look like glass. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
949 Posts
depends on what kind of condition Your car is in to how much primer you will need ..
1 jar of flake will be plenty I use about 20grams in a litre of clear
probably 1 gallon of each paint should work out fine ..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is in pretty good condition. It has two small dents on the right side by the back wheel well and another by the front wheel well. both dents are no bigger in diamiter then a golf ball. The paint and most of the old primer has already been taken off so pretty much all that is left is the dent work. I'm having the dents pulled and the car sprayed by some students at the local comunity college for a couple hundred bucks so i definitly have the money for whatever i need i just dont wanna show up with not enough. What color primer should i use to make that Oriental blue look almost like a royal blue? Thanks for your help it is much appriciated

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
to be safe when i painted my monte i bought 1.5 gallons.. i ended up only using a gallon...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I guess im just gonna primer the car now and wait till the interior and audio/video system are done to paint the ride so i dont mess it up trying to put in the custom built boxes and seats and stuff. I'll post pics when it's done.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by painloc21@Sep 7 2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess im just gonna primer the car now and wait till the interior and audio/video system are done to paint the ride so i dont mess it up trying to put in the custom built boxes and seats and stuff. I'll post pics when it's done.
you sure you wanna do that? cause if you put all that in before you paint your ride, then you run the risk of overspray getting on it if everything isnt masked off properly.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts