LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Nov 25 2008, 08:37 PM~12259140
or do u mean at the gun what u wanted regulated at??
yea, you guys think a 25 gallon compressor is enough to shoot a whole car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,046 Posts
well depending how small of a job it is you can get away with a crappy cfm compressor, as long as you have enough stored air. you might just have to stop an wait for it to fill up in the worst case.

IMO for a complete car, you dont want to be using anything under 10cfm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Nov 26 2008, 08:08 PM~12269179
well depending how small of a job it is you can get away with a crappy cfm compressor, as long as you have enough stored air. you might just have to stop an wait for it to fill up in the worst case.

IMO for a complete car, you dont want to be using anything under 10cfm.
x2..

nothing sucks more than waiting for the compressor to catch up when you are shooting clear!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by racerboy@Nov 26 2008, 11:38 PM~12271620
x2..

nothing sucks more than waiting for the compressor to catch up when you are shooting clear!
thats what were trying to avoid, so what size compressor would someone recommed, and how much psi does the gun need to have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Originally posted by 96BIG_BODY@Nov 27 2008, 12:15 PM~12275409
thats what were trying to avoid, so what size compressor would someone recommed, and how much psi does the gun need to have?

search craigslist try and get a 60 gallon higher the CFM the better.... do you have a 210-240 volt hook up at your shop / garage tho? there's tonnes of factors.

i managed to score a nice little 60gal 18.5 cfm Snap-On comp for $600 off craigs, havent painted anything with it yet still need to piece together a few more things for the setup like an air-dryer and a nice filter but its coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Originally posted by 96BIG_BODY@Nov 27 2008, 12:15 PM~12275409
thats what were trying to avoid, so what size compressor would someone recommed, and how much psi does the gun need to have?
man just stop bull shiting and bring the car over :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by grandson@Nov 27 2008, 01:06 PM~12275856
search craigslist try and get a 60 gallon higher the CFM the better.... do you have a 210-240 volt hook up at your shop / garage tho?  there's tonnes of factors.

i managed to score a nice little 60gal 18.5 cfm Snap-On comp for $600 off craigs, havent painted anything with it yet still need to piece together a few more things for the setup like an air-dryer and a nice filter but its coming.
that will work great!! and an air dryer?? thats nice. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Nov 28 2008, 07:51 AM~12280451
that will work great!! and an air dryer?? thats nice. :cool:

:biggrin: man ordered one from babco tools it's a "throw away" one and it was $100 but it's also a filter and says it produces "nitrogen quality air" that's what sold me .. i'll only use it when painting not with my air tools so it should last sometime, plus i'll throw 25ft of line and a regular trap infront of it to be extra nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by grandson@Nov 29 2008, 11:23 AM~12288050
:biggrin:  man ordered one from babco tools it's a "throw away" one and it was $100 but it's also a filter and says it produces "nitrogen quality air" that's what sold me .. i'll only use it when painting not with my air tools so it should last sometime, plus i'll throw 25ft of line and a regular trap infront of it to be extra nice
not an air dryer then, sounds more like a desicant snake. I use devilbiss desicant snakes when i paint in the garage, along with a toilet roll filter and 2 cheap water traps, works good, they last a good bit if you just use them for spraying, they come with little humidity indicators, when they go a certain color there garbage,
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top