LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
alot of people told me to keep the original engine!! I think it maks the car worth more when it becomes a classic or somthing.. Besides it really wouldnt be a cutty with everything changed (paint, eng, suspension,tranny, interior, ect)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i say fuck what everyone else says.. if your gonna make it a lowrider then its not really gonna be a collectors item... just do what you think is best but now that you paid that much keep it lol

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
i spent $500 on parts, and $300 at tha machine shop.. my dad put my engine together .. and i installed it in a 93 caprice

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
A custom engine shop here is selling 383 stroker short blocks for $1200

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
that price is ridiculous....i had a big block rebuilt 454 turned into a 502 monster and i spent like $1800...

u need to speak to someone in charge over there, and get it resolved, if not u might have to go to court, or u can just break into the shop and night and take ur motor, but i didnt tell u to do that...

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
plain and simple, its not right. if ther're chargin 2400 with no labor, what would it cost WITH the labor, ya hear me? DO NOT PAY THEM. 307, no offense, are a dime a dozen. Let them keep the whole thing. if your gonna spend that cash for a car that will only cruise, and the most horsepower you'll need is the occasional gas hop, you could get a new crate motor, with a warrenty. If "everything" was bad on your motor, a respectable engine shop would have told you to find another starting point. get it?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts