LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok homies, my cousin inlaw is about to bag his 07 charger. and in a week we're planning on riding to orlando (from miami, about 3 1/2 hour drive) so he asked me if his car would make it safely. i said OFCOURSE, i figure shit, semi's and stock towncars have bags so wuts the big deal, plus i heard of people wit juice making that same trip. the guy installing his system is telling him not to do the trip cuz wut if he gets stranded. i find it amazing that the installer is not confident in his work and is already thinking about it leaving him stranded. anyways, i told him ill ask on here so he can see other peoples thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
lxforums.com or 300cforums.com.....there are some on these including my self that have bagged LX's, mines a 2006 chrysler 300 bagged....i did the job myself and have had the car bagged for a lil over two months & 4000 miles with no problems...some on the other forum have had bags for 10k miles...just don't buy cheap shit.......call Universal Air Supension ask for Zack Ratcliff...tell him to give u the lxforums discount which is the complete kit they have listed for 2350, with the discount they give it to you for 2150 shipped to your door, includes 2 viair 480s

more air ride questions answered here
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.p...919#post1146919

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Reliability depends on two things. Quality of the parts and then the actually installation. You have to use the parts for their intended use, not pushing them passed their limit and abuse them.

Cars should go thousands of miles and years without any issues. For an installer to say that you shouldnt drive the car, means he isnt capable of bagging a car. These systems are delicate in certain ways, and most failures are due to installer errors. If installed properly they will be very trouble free and you should never worry about getting stuck.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
i wouldnt let that installer do it. as far as reliable yup air is reliable if you use quality parts

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
If its safe & reliable enough to drive up to the corner-store for some beer & back, then it's safe to drive across country.

If its too dangerous/unreliable to drive for long distances, then it shouldn't leave the driveway.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I used the same UAS bracketry on this car. They work out great. If you want reliability these kits have been tested by many. You cant go wrong with the equipment, but some care needs to be taken with the rest of the installation. Air line routing and electrical.

·
Registered
480 Posts
shit i drive to mexico twice a year its a little over 1000 miles no problem just hate not having cruise control lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts