LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i am getting my 73 Riviera repainted and done. I am currently thinging of going with a 2003 Midnight Blue. But I want ot do something a little diffrent and wanted to run it across here before I go to my painter with it.

I want to give the curves and such on the car a little personal touch. use this pint of HOK Cam paint i have to high light some of the body lines. Not thick just so it gives it a little bit of a flip at times. And possible do a design on the hood using that same flipping color. Something that will be noticible but not -TO- noticible.

(( Oh its not a gaudy flip like some of the crap i have seen around here. Dark Blue color with a Flip thats three tone teal/purple/pink ))

Thoughts?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of a Faded in Overlay over the Midnight Blue color

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that sounds cool. ;)

We dont see alot of Marblezing around here. People here just paint their cars not alot do designs and all that. most they do it pinstripping. :roflmao: So I will be truely unique just doing something not basic. That and my care alone is already unique. Mabie I will see about a marbalized fade heading from the middle to the rear.... *tries to imagine that* or a Marbalized Flip *LOL*

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep.... Just decided. The car will have a midnight blue coat then i will have them marbelize that HOK going from the top down. making sure it fades out about half wah threw the car on the way down.

On a large car like mine as I drive that marbled HOK should play across the car something akin to lightning I suspect. :cheesy: And at night the car would look dark blue till a little light hits it then BAM.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do. Going to talk to my painter tomorrow. Just got to get my Linc out the shop then drop my Rivi out down there.... Now just to find a place around here to do chrome plating.... *thinks*

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
South Bend, Indiana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts