LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what all do I need? What kind of wood to use? should I port it?
I have an 18 " mc Cauley. What measurements should I use?
I appreciate any help on this..

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
what kind of sub is it??? ive never heard of it, but ull need this stuff
mdf wood 3/4" atleast
drywall screws
wood glue
clamp
jig saw

youll have to check on the company who made it for specs to see if u want to port it and what size the box has to be, if i knew id tell ya but ive never heard of that sub

its easy to make the box, just remember patience

·
Registered
949 Posts
you can also run fiberglass resin in the inside once youve screwed it together to seal it up and add a little strength..

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
and whatever you do dont put the speaker in if you run a bead of silicone around the inside of the box...the fumes that come off the silicone will eat up the surrounds on subs..let the stuff dry completely before you mount the sub...usually the biggest problem from an air leak is whistling but if its gonna be ported dont bother with trying to seal it to perfection...worry more about bracing the box...take big ass wedges made of the mdf and install them horizontally across the inside of the box...also always drill holes before you screw or else you will split the stuff and for glue i suggest gorilla glue it is the best glue you can use

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
If you have the cash, save yourself some aggrivation and pay a shop to custom build one for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts