LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Baby steps do s little at a time rims system paint upholstery enjoy the car and build it your way don't look at all the high dollar cars.when I started lowriding you didnt have so many expensive cars. Some of the baddest cars started off as primered and lifted cruised then went crazy. Plum loco (estilo cc merced) used to lay frame and scrape a whole block before he eould raise it. Strictly business was a cruising hopper.loco lincoln from carnales unidos merced was another car tgat was on street begore going crazy. There are others that I used to see in modesto and fresno also

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Try family members they might have a car that's been sitting . Sometimes it judt ran out of gas and another was bought to replace it friend of mines got that lucky deal on a caddy his aunt ran the car mt uncle had money bought her a new one this was back in 92

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
This aint cheap by any means but the more u learn the better !being hands on is a plus too
the more u can do yourself the better!

·
1975 Caprice Classic
8,048 Posts
Tax time ballers most wont admit it here on layitlow but act like they shiting money

Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-38-52-1.jpg
Screenshot_2013-12-01-20-37-06-1.png
Screenshot_2014-06-08-13-11-58-1.png

·
Registered
895 Posts
Man .... Start off with a decent car from the auction or sumthin cheap u can grab a towncar with good paint and interior on Craigslist or the auction for less then $1000 then get sum used 13s from Sumone for around $200-$300 then grab a used setup for atound 400-600 and have Sumone just city and rack it it can get done out here for $300-500 and put everything in urself and you'll have one done for anywhere between $1900- 2500

·
THIS AINT BEVERLY HILLS!
250 Posts
I built this for $2200 including the car, candy paint, 6 batteries 2 pump setup, euroclip, sunroof and rims. Lowriding is probably the cheapest type of car customizing out there.

Here's a perfect example, "$2200" u get what u pay for.

·
A$AP
2,263 Posts
Here's a perfect example, "$2200" u get what u pay for.
Looks good to me? Most expensive mods look gawdy and unappealing after a while. Anything other than chrome, paint, suspension, interior, motor and sounds takes away from the cars drivability. Lowriding is pretty cheap imo.

·
THIS AINT BEVERLY HILLS!
250 Posts
Looks good to me? Most expensive mods look gawdy and unappealing after a while. Anything other than chrome, paint, suspension, interior, motor and sounds takes away from the cars drivability. Lowriding is pretty cheap imo.
Another Example... "Looks good to me".
Lowriding is all about Quality. And as u can see this guy must stick to Chipped China's & Faded Paint.

·
A$AP
2,263 Posts
Another Example... "Looks good to me".
Lowriding is all about Quality. And as u can see this guy must stick to Chipped China's & Faded Paint.
I wouldn't say that. His new Lincoln project is coming along nicely. Looks like a quality build. You can build a nice quality lowrider on a budget. We all have families, house holds and average 9-5s. You got no choice but to budget. Then again. It depends on the car. If you just wanna get "out here" then $2500 will get you together, if you want an almost show ride, prepare to take a very long time to buy every little piece to barely ride it once complete. Life is too short for that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nothing wrong with starting out with a car that's not "show quality" as long as its mechanically and structurally solid. You can always work on the appearance of the car when time and money allows.

·
Registered
374 Posts
New booty low riders think you gotta have the best everything and have the cleanest ride around. Fact is, from the very start low riding was done on a budget. Old cars. Stolen or surplus pumps. 5.20's ( the cheapest tires you could find back then). Backyard paint jobs. Anything you had to do to hit the blvd. I can't tell you how many times I went Rollin' in a primered ride. Problem is now with all the auction shows on tv everyone thinks that old car in the backyard is worth $100000. And fuckers at the swap meets want an arm and a leg and a testicle for parts. You just have to be persistent and stay looking for a good deal. They're out there. Start with a good car that ain't on everyone radar (69/ 70 impalas for example). Hook it up nice and enjoy it. Then if you can sell it and make some ends move on to the next one and keep working your way up the ladder. Everyone can't start with full on show car. And like someone said earlier," low riding is a lifestyle".

·
1 of a kind
2,811 Posts
Yup
New booty low riders think you gotta have the best everything and have the cleanest ride around. Fact is, from the very start low riding was done on a budget. Old cars. Stolen or surplus pumps. 5.20's ( the cheapest tires you could find back then). Backyard paint jobs. Anything you had to do to hit the blvd. I can't tell you how many times I went Rollin' in a primered ride. Problem is now with all the auction shows on tv everyone thinks that old car in the backyard is worth $100000. And fuckers at the swap meets want an arm and a leg and a testicle for parts. You just have to be persistent and stay looking for a good deal. They're out there. Start with a good car that ain't on everyone radar (69/ 70 impalas for example). Hook it up nice and enjoy it. Then if you can sell it and make some ends move on to the next one and keep working your way up the ladder. Everyone can't start with full on show car. And like someone said earlier," low riding is a lifestyle".

·
Banned
23,216 Posts
Low budget builds and riders keep this shit alive

Too many ppl get caught up in having a show car or undrivable hoppers

Make it look decent and keep it clean :cool:

·
1975 Caprice Classic
8,048 Posts

Factory Fresh

·
1 of a kind
2,811 Posts
We all have different taste that comes with a different price range. I learned and did my own work. It saved me some money

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
If you have a budget(like I do and have for years) I'd say invest in the tools needed to do build a lowrider that way you can save a lot on the cost of labor and you can use it to make a little extra on the side to fund your build. Another plus to having your own tools when you're lowriding on a budget is that you can fix anything that breaks without having to take it somewhere and paying a lot $ for repairs.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

I couldn't agree with u more. Lowriding wasn't about shows or trailer queens. It was about a person creating his own vision with the little money he had and dippin his ride. Build the car the way u want it to look don't worrry bout points shows or trophys and drive it. At the end of the day do it for u and what u like and want.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Nice!!!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts