LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me how to change the seal that goes on the shaft on the pump head????

Attachments

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by ALX@Aug 11 2005, 10:09 AM~3593398
Can anybody tell me how to change the seal that goes on the shaft on the pump head????
The best way that I have for puting on a steel seal is to put in on the pump head first and the when you tighten the head onto the block, do it so in a criss-cross order so that you don't distort the seal and it sits in the hole of the block evenly.
my $.2

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The way I do it, put the seal in the pump head shaft, use a hammer and a 1/2" or 3/8 socket to get the seal all the way down, go easy on it when you hit the socket or you could damage the seal.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i usually just pull the old one off with some pliers ... put the new one on and then with a deep socket (make shift seal driver) tap the new one on

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, im getting the new seal from prohopper until tomorrow, so i wanted to learn how to do it myself

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 11 2005, 01:12 PM~3593409
The best way that I have for puting on a steel seal is to put in on the pump head first and the when you tighten the head onto the block, do it so in a criss-cross order so that you don't distort the seal and it sits in the hole of the block evenly.
my $.2

Thats how I do it now. I never asked how to do it and I put it on the block the first two times and it never sealed with the pumphead because it was all the way in the block. Do it the way he said :thumbsup:

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts