LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have picture of how you hook up a battery charger to charge 24 voltz, I have 2 banks the total is 6 batteriez in my trunk but i am just useing four for now.

Left bank 24 voltz for the left pumpz and right bank 24 voltz for the right pumpz.

How do i hook up my charger to charge both 24 volt banks at the same time cause when i try to charge the at the same time the charger don,t act right?

·
16,068 Posts
You have to charge one bank at a time if you dont want to move wires around. You hook up the positive cable off the charger to the positive on the second battery in the bank which is 24 volts, that terminal will have a cable going from it to the solenoids for that pump. Negative on the charger goes on negative of the first battery that will most likely have a ground wire running from it to the ground for the first battery of the other 24volt bank for the other pump. Make sure you have a charger cable of charging 24v and set it on that setting. Post pics of your setup if your still unsure.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@May 28 2011, 01:03 AM~20645219
You have to charge one bank at a time if you dont want to move wires around. You hook up the positive cable off the charger to the positive on the second battery in the bank which is 24 volts, that terminal will have a cable going from it to the solenoids for that pump.  Negative on the charger goes on negative of the first battery that will most likely have a ground wire running from it to the ground for the first battery of the other 24volt bank for the other pump.  Make sure you have a charger cable of charging 24v and set it on that setting.  Post pics of your setup if your still unsure.
:yes: :yes: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@May 28 2011, 12:03 AM~20645219
You have to charge one bank at a time if you dont want to move wires around. You hook up the positive cable off the charger to the positive on the second battery in the bank which is 24 volts, that terminal will have a cable going from it to the solenoids for that pump.  Negative on the charger goes on negative of the first battery that will most likely have a ground wire running from it to the ground for the first battery of the other 24volt bank for the other pump.  Make sure you have a charger cable of charging 24v and set it on that setting.  Post pics of your setup if your still unsure.
Yes, make sure it is a multi-battery charger, bad things can happen if you try to use a single batt. charger.

If you have just the single battery charger--at least you will know that each battery is fully charged..vs. multi-battery charger.

And, if you do have a multi-battery charger, and have a 48 volt charger setting, you can hook it up like he said, then run jumper cables over to the next bank. Helps saves time if you need it. Personally, I like charging batteries one at a time to monitor it's charging, and I can see that it is fully charged once it stops drawing power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts