LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cutlass isn't running right and the service engine soon light has flashed twice in the past week.... i have the book that says what the codes mean, but i dont know how to get the codes. Someone told me today that they dont remember how to get the codes but that for example a code 43 is like the light flashes 4 times and then 3 times quickly or something... thanks in advance.

Robert

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you jumper out 2 of the terminals on the diagnostic hookup with a paperclip, but it's been so long, I dont remember which 2.

or you can buy the tool from auto zone that jumpers it for ya, and then take it back..

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by I Drag A55@Sep 23 2003, 06:20 PM
My cutlass isn't running right and the service engine soon light has flashed twice in the past week.... i have the book that says what the codes mean, but i dont know how to get the codes. Someone told me today that they dont remember how to get the codes but that for example a code 43 is like the light flashes 4 times and then 3 times quickly or something... thanks in advance.

Robert
Thats exactly how you read the codes...
Theres a slightly longer pause in between the next number.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found out that it was the top two prongs on the right of the plug and that i pulled a code 21 and code 45 which are....

code 21 .... throttle position sensor ... misadjusted or sticking TPS; poor electical connection;open or short circuit;or defective TPS

and

code 45.... rich exaust..... rich condition caused by restricted air filter , fuel in evap container, malfunctioning carb or injector, high fuel pressure..........defective TPS; defective MAP; or defective ECM

im going to go ahead and have the TPS replaced... too fuckin bad its inside the carb or i would do it myself. Thanks again for all your help.

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts