LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 8 2003, 01:31 AM
You can buy this pretty cheap setup to nickle plate your plastic parts. Nickle has a warmer tint than chrome which has more blue.
The setup with supply costs around $65.
You have to spray your parts with electro guided paint, plate copper after that you can nickle finish the part. ;)
where can u get one of these kits or whatever??? I think It'd be pimp to chrome out a 67 Imp as much as i can....like the ones u seen in Lowrider mag. :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don't do it yourself. the real method was already partially explained, they actually spray a metallic 'primer', then copper plate it, then nickel plate that, and finally chrome it. REAL triple plate! i have done it, no problems. to a small degree the plastic item can 'flex' and no chipping or cracking will occur. a plastic fan shroud for a GM engine will run you about $350-$400, my advice: save up if you don't have the cash and DO IT RIGHT. no at-home-do-it-yourself kit.
try www.paulschrome.com
they are in pennsylvania, if you must use someone closer to you ask paul's for a referral. but that's why u.p.s. was invented, so you can ship your part(s) out and back. paul's gives free estimates, too.
and no, i don't work there. i do recommend them, however. if anyone needs more help in this matter, just e-mail me. i'm here to help.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i only gave the fan shroud example so you guys can see how large an item you can chrome for the money. obviously a smaller or less intricate piece would be less, and a larger one slightly more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts