LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a tight set of triple gold 17" Daytons going on a madd '88 Monte SS and they are in excellent shape except for a little brake dust on the hard to get places on them. Do you guys know any pointers on the best way to clean them, use Meguiars wire wheel cleaner, use Dayton's wire wheel cleaner, or WD-40 them and then wash them off. My set of wheels look brand new besides the dust that is on them and I'd like to let them look as best as they can when they go on.

Thanks In Advance,

Montecar

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
on gold dont NOT use any cleaner they will eat up the gold
Only use regular soap and water.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
use dish soap and a paint brush to clean them and use a air compresser to dry, wash then dry one by one.i use wd-40 to marinate tha day before i am going to clean them.only use dayton cleaner when rims are real dirty ,dayton cleaner is PH balanced as is dish soap. PH is key, to acidic and gold will be junk.as for white walls go use tha brillo type of white wall cleaner.no spray bleach not worth tha risk of gold damage.and dont rush it, it takes time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
shit called purple power works pretty good i hear, my homie just used it on his gold backs spray it all on em them use a small paint brush to get the spokes really clean NOW on chrome i use EAGLE one chrome wire wheel cleaner an a small paint brush and then shine like new!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
16,068 Posts
http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=5

Check that link for wire wheel acid. Beats the hell out of any other wheel cleaners i've ever used including British wire wheel cleaner, Eagle One, etc....Besides that, wire wheel brush, paint brush, high pressure water, and chrome polish. I wouldn't use the acid on gold or every time you clean the rims though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
DUDE THAT WASHES MY CAR USES SOAP AND WATER BUT THE WATER HE USES IS FILTERED BETTER THAN WATER YOU BUY IN A BOTTLE. THEN USES A LEAF BLOWER TO BLOW OFF THE WATER THEM BITCHES BE SHINEN AFTER THAT....THE KEY IS IN THE WATER :biggrin:

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by sincityrider1@Sep 2 2010, 06:58 PM~18473068
DUDE THAT WASHES MY CAR USES SOAP AND WATER BUT THE WATER HE USES IS FILTERED BETTER THAN WATER YOU BUY IN A BOTTLE. THEN USES A LEAF BLOWER TO BLOW OFF THE WATER THEM BITCHES BE SHINEN AFTER THAT....THE KEY IS IN THE WATER :biggrin:
This is true. Water filtered through a reverse osmosis water filtration unit won't leave any spots or anything like that since all the contaminents are taken out of the water. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used to use that eagle one chrome n wire cleaner. Spray on and hose off, rims would be like new. I can't no longer find it around here I'm not sure why, but nothing works like that. For gold just listen to the guys that have already posted.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Sep 14 2010, 06:44 PM~18567735
that eagle one is the bomb at cleaning them, I use Qtips in the hard to reach areas.
Check that link i posted, same ingredients just not watered down. 1 gallon which dilutes to 5 gallons is the same price as 2 bottles ;) Just make sure to use a chemical resistant bottle and spray head.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Aug 31 2010, 05:45 PM~18454302
http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=5

Check that link for wire wheel acid.  Beats the hell out of any other wheel cleaners i've ever used including British wire wheel cleaner, Eagle One, etc....Besides that, wire wheel brush, paint brush, high pressure water, and chrome polish.  I wouldn't use the acid on gold or every time you clean the rims though.
Good stuff right here ..... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts