LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do yall do swivel seats in the lolos, i was thinking of picking up 2 boat seat swivels thru a local boat store, and then taking the bucket seats off their frames, and then welding the swivel to the seat frame, so that its in the center and that the seat frame hover overs the swivel, so that the seat can swivel and go foward and back

do i have the basic idea or is there a different method?

·
Registered
391 Posts
you can try that what i do is i go to a upholstery shop down the street from here i get all my stuff from there i dont know where you live but try to find a upholstery shop any where were they sell fabrics or something or even a boat shop they have 3 different types of swivels that i have seen

1. a standard aluminum one you can probably buy this one at any hardware store like home depot(BUT DONT USE THEM THEY CAN HOLD A SEAT THAT GOOD UNLESS YOU REINFORCE THEM)

2. If you go to a upholstery shop they have these flat swivels
like the ones in this post that joost did
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...2898ce050db91bb
they run for about 5 dollars each

3. at that same upholstery shop they have some other ones i use i buy them for 10 each one. they swivel and bounce back and forth like a rocking chair (Hint if you take out the spring and weld a nut you can use a screw so you can adjust the seat).

Now these are my prices i havent bought any lately the shop im talking about is R&R upholstery Supply's in Los Angeles by vermont and 49th street

try looking in your area for a upholstery supply store or maybe even a boat store

·
Registered
24 Posts
you try any junkyards? try lookin in some '73 and up monte carlos, some of them had factory swivel buck seats. i used to have a set but i sold them to a homeboy that wanted to put them in his cutlass

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by BetoB.@Sep 28 2005, 11:09 PM~3907077
you try any junkyards?  try lookin in some '73 and up monte carlos, some of them had factory swivel buck seats.  i used to have a set but i sold them to a homeboy that wanted to put them in his cutlass
EXACTLY WHAT I WASS GONNA SUGGEST.... ;)

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
sounds like merry melodies is talking about a lazy susan bearing. but as said before i would sudjest the 73 74 monte seats . and if you find some i want a pair too ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts