LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im gonna redo my interior and i wanna do some wrinkle pleat, like on the window panels and the rear quarters and back dash, but i wanna know how you guys do it, im not sure how to do it.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i know yall have done it, please help me, i know wired62 has done it and so has joost, why wont yall help a newbie???? i want my shit to come out pimp!!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
WHAT MATERIAL ARE YOU USING???CRUSH?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Give me some idea of what you are covering. There are a bunch of different ways of doing it. Some of it depends on what equipment you have. You can use a sewing machine or a staple gun. You can use elastic, but that requires a sewing machine. You will need dacron filler, unless you want crappy looking pleats. Let us know what you are trying to do.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i always folded the fabric over and tacked it down with the sewing machine...going the full length isnt necessary (spelling?) but just around the middle of the pleat so the wrinkle doesnt move around ... say this is the fabric bent over > i would sew right at the sharp edge so the material doesnt move around much....but yeah what everyone else said your gonna need to let everyone know the material

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crush and i want do to my uhh i forgot what they called, but they the part that comes up next to the windshield and over the windows and also i want to do a little on my door panels, and maybe some on my dash and also if it is possible to do with staple gun teach me that way

Last edited by FlipFlopBox at Nov 6 2003, 06:51 PM

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Nov 6 2003, 07:50 PM
crush and i want do to my uhh i forgot what they called, but they the part that comes up next to the windshield and over the windows and also i want to do a little on my door panels, and maybe some on my dash and also if it is possible to do with staple gun teach me that way
yes you can do it with a staple gun...basically your going to glue a layer of dacron over what your upholstering....cut the material to the size you need for the width....basically your just stapling the creases and then running your finger along and getting the fold in all the way....i normally pleat stuff and then upholster it already pleated but since this is your first i wont get into that because if you mess up you cant see your mistake before it happens

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
dacron is sort of like pillow fluff but it comes in rolls...its not soft like pillow fluff though is kind of rough....it keeps fabric from sliding around...you just cut and glue it to what your going to upholster and upholster over it....

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i worked at an upholstery shop so i always just bought my supplies from the shop.....i suppose you could search it out online....just search out dacron shouldnt be hard to find

1 - 11 of 11 Posts