LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I GOT A 82 CADDY WITH 12 INCH CYLINDERS IN THE BACK AND I NEED TO EXTEND MY BRAKE FOR 3 WHEELING HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT, ALSO HOW DO I GET FULL EXTENTION WHEN I TRY TO LOCK UP THE BACK?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
ok, i really dont know much about this- but i'll try.
did you unbolt the "T" off the rear end? all i had to do was that to my old one. also for 12'' i think all you would have to do is extend your upper trailing arms 1''. NOW- im not an expert, so wait till someone else comes in and corrects me on this.

extend upper 1'' and/or rop the upper mounts 1-2''(???)--- or get adjustables from pro hopper----
shorten drive shaft 1''

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Jul 23 2005, 10:28 PM
ok, i really dont know much about this- but i'll try. 
did you  unbolt the "T" off the rear end? all i had to do was that to my old one. also for 12'' i think all you would have to do is  extend your upper trailing arms 1''. NOW- im not an expert, so wait till someone else comes in and corrects me on this.

extend upper 1'' and/or rop the upper mounts 1-2''(???)--- or get adjustables from pro hopper----
shorten drive shaft 1''
[snapback]3466609[/snapback]​
there's another thred on this do a search
drop mount 5in
extend uppers 2 in
get a slipe yoke drive shaft
:cool:

·
Tripple Digit...
3,354 Posts
JUS HAVE ONE SPECIAL MADE OUT OF STEELBRAID TO WHATEVER LENGTH YOU NEED ;) WE GET THEM DONE AT A LOCAL RACE SHOP IN TOWN :cool:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I HAVENT EXTENDED ANYTHING PUT I WAS THINKING OF EXTENTING MY TRAILING ARMS OR GETTING ONE OFF OF LIKE A BLAZER OR SOME GM TRUCK.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by SERVING U 2@Jul 23 2005, 09:37 PM
JUS HAVE ONE SPECIAL MADE OUT OF STEELBRAID TO WHATEVER LENGTH YOU NEED ;)  WE GET THEM DONE AT A LOCAL RACE SHOP IN TOWN :cool:
[snapback]3466653[/snapback]​
i think napa can make them....

i have one i took off a ford truck rear end, just gotta make sure everything sits in right... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts