LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the proper way to fiber glass up a lowrider bike frame ? Like a tank and rear skirts ? If somebody knows how to do this the right way, maybe they can explain or even if they had step by step pics, would even by better. Please let me know if anybody has some info for me. :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by The Modeling Pimp@Aug 23 2005, 06:45 PM~3678464
if i ever get around to designing my other frame.. ill do a step by step for it

its gonna be a  full or radical frame though
Ok cool, can u just tell me the basics real quick or something ?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Originally posted by lucky8lowrider@Aug 23 2005, 08:48 PM~3678480
Ok cool, can u just tell me the basics real quick or something ?
i have pm'd them to a few ppl before.. ill send you some basic instructions sometime tomorrow im getting ready to go right now though

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I started the fiberglass on my frame, hopefully it will come out good, and hopefully I can get some good pointers...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you use fiber glass, you dont need to weld metal right ? because they have that cloth you put over it ????

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by lucky8lowrider@Aug 25 2005, 09:15 AM~3689017
When you use fiber glass, you dont need to weld metal right ? because they have that cloth you put over it ????
ttt ?

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Originally posted by lucky8lowrider@Aug 25 2005, 08:15 AM~3689017
if you are fiberglassing, you dont need to weld sheet metal to anything. if you are using the fiberglass sheets, you can just wrap the frame in the shape of your tank. when it dries, you can shape it how you want it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cool, thats what I thought, thanks man ... Anyway I should have pics up of the frame I did when its done..

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Originally posted by lucky8lowrider@Aug 25 2005, 10:59 AM~3689909
Ok cool, thats what I thought, thanks man ... Anyway I should have pics up of the frame I did when its done..
no probs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts